Question / Help Audio Interface with IShowUAudio -OBS

jcazmusic

Hello, I am trying to setup my Saffire Pro 40 Audio FW interface with OBS to route various audio sources for streaming. (OSX High Sierra) I have installed the IshowUAudio plugin and have tried creating both Multioutput devices and Aggregate devices and am not getting any audio to OBS. The interface works fine with my DAW and the audio from my Camera records fine into OBS. I have watched/read the tutorials that I could fine and have followed. I have the Aggregate or Multioutput setup as Mic input 1 and Ishowu as Mic input 2. Still no meters moving. Any ideas?

jhodges72

Same issue for me. Doesn't look like anyone wants to address this issue. Any good alternatives to OBS that doesn't have a problem using a professional grade audio interface?

TheDuffaloe

Hi jhodges72,
I am using similar audio interface and had same problem and managed to find a workaround(which is mentioned around this site)but can be hard to find.
Anyway, here is the link to it...BUT i also had issues afterwards(you may NOT get them as my MAC is running slow frequently anyway).
This will get OBS to pick up the devices(to do with PERMISSIONS apparently). Mine worked fine for a while then I ran into problems. Again, it may just be MY mac.
Give it a shot and let me know how you go. I'm going to try a different method today to get my Interafce working and will post if it works.
GL.

jhodges72

Hi jhodges72,
I am using similar audio interface and had same problem and managed to find a workaround(which is mentioned around this site)but can be hard to find.
Anyway, here is the link to it...BUT i also had issues afterwards(you may NOT get them as my MAC is running slow frequently anyway).
This will get OBS to pick up the devices(to do with PERMISSIONS apparently). Mine worked fine for a while then I ran into problems. Again, it may just be MY mac.
Give it a shot and let me know how you go. I'm going to try a different method today to get my Interafce working and will post if it works.
GL.

I found a solution shortly after I responded to you. I'm using Blackhole Audio Router. Works great. Thanks.