Audio input source: still plays through even if not in scene

mndudek

So I'm experiencing the exact same problem/bug, so are any of the developers aware of this problem and is it being addressed and fixed? What's the prognosis and ETA of repair?

I would like to point out that if the built in monitoring setting is indeed designed to work globally (since the setting is on the global section) then this behaviour most likely be considered as working by design.
But I am not a developer nor am I know any of the developer.

Ben Schultz

I am having the same problem as described here. Have been using OBS to stream at least once a week, no issues until this past weekend. No changes to my scenes or settings. Just noticed that one of the audio sources continued playing regardless of whether it was active in the scene or not. All my global audio devices are disabled. Has anyone heard about a fix for this bug or a workaround or maybe a setting I am missing. Thanks for any help.

garibaldi

Hi, same here. Same settings as mentioned in previous posts from another users, I got the sound ( mic + sound from the game) from my stream scene stills on when I switch to another scene. It never occurs before.
i tested from Streamlabs and the problem don’t seem to appears there but my main streaming software is OBS Studio and I hope there will be a fix. I know this is not as easy to fix as it is to ask for and the version (June) is still young… keep the good work.

Hello. This is my problem as well. And it's over a year later from the last post I see, so I guess it's still a problem. I tried the plugin feature but it didn't help.

It may also have to do with the fact that I can't capture desktop audio without another wildly complex workaround in which I have to use BlackHole and change Midi/Audio settings to create a new multichannel audio device.

Hopefully there's a fix.

I'm also having this issue too, I have a blank scene, all my global audio devices but I still hear my mic as if it's monitoring it, didn't have an issue until 28.0.1

Update I disabled and the re-enabled the mic and the monitoring goes away, but the i restart obs and I have the same issue again, obviously annoying to have to do that everytime I want to stream

CRAM

I just discovered that if I have an active source that is HDMI Capture then it comes in with audio and you can't separate out the audio. So even if you're only using the video portion of the HDMI input, if it is in your source you will also get the audio from that source.

Tangential

I just discovered that if I have an active source that is HDMI Capture then it comes in with audio and you can't separate out the audio. So even if you're only using the video portion of the HDMI input, if it is in your source you will also get the audio from that source.
Can’t you mute the audio on the HDMI camera feed and then add a separate specific audio source using the audio from that HDMI as well? Then put the audio only in the scenes where you want it?