Bug Report Audio input source is only grabbing "default"

keybounce

No matter what device I try to use on the "audio input device", it is always using the default system input device.

My goal here was to only have audio active when I was actively streaming; if I switched to a plain text screen (a "Real life interrupts" message), I wanted the audio to stop.

Current work-around: JackRouter is always active, and the system default is set to my USB microphone. Software playback is always on, and the mic turns off at least when real life interrupts.

Log file: https://gist.github.com/4775ff18a2d4c2e36b45

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
In Audio settings, you can disable the device there and just add the audio device to the scene as a normal source instead, if that helps.

keybounce

That's the problem.
I wanted to add the audio to the scene, so if I cut to a static "real life interrupts" screen, the audio stops being picked up.

But that seems to only pick up the system default audio device.

keybounce

Aaaauuuuuggh.

Well, for a screen shot, I was planning on showing a scene, that had two sources, a display capture, and an audio capture; and two audio sources under "Mixer" -- one for mic/aux, the other for that audio source.

That's the best screen shot I can give you.

The problem? Well, today I can't reproduce it. It's now working correctly.

... sort-of?
A scene source audio on "default", and a mic/aux source on "Jack Router", when "default" is also "Jack Router", are not showing the same volume levels -- the explicit Jack Router is louder, even though they are coming from the same source.