audio input/output issues when using Bluetooth headphones

FCCAlameda

Hi all,
I am new to OBS, am hoping to use it going forward to run live stream services for the church I work for. The set up would be: OBS streams to YouTube, minister and other presenters are pulled into OBS via Zoom. The issue I'm experiencing is that OBS is not picking up audio from Zoom when I am using Bluetooth headphones. I have spent many days searching online for answers to this, to no avail.

I've tested Zoom --> OBS audio output and input with 1) no headphones, 2) wired headphones, and 3) Bluetooth headphones (brand: Mpow).

1) Without headphones, my voice was captured via the default Mic/Aux channel and the other Zoom presenter was captured via the default Desktop Audio channel. All works well.

2) With wired headphones, Zoom automatically switched to use the wired headphones as speaker + mic, as expected. Over in OBS, I created an Audio Input Capture source (pulling from wired headphone mic) and an Audio Output Capture source (pulling from wired headphone speaker). I muted the Desktop Audio and Mic/Aux channels. Both my voice and the other presenter were captured and recorded in OBS. Perfect.

3) With Bluetooth headphones connected, again as expected Zoom automatically switched to use them as speaker + mic. Over in OBS, I created an Audio Input Capture source (pulling from Bluetooth headphone mic) and an Audio Output Capture source (pulling from Bluetooth headphone speaker). Again I muted Desktop Audio and Mic/Aux channels. Now I could see in the Audio Mixer in OBS that neither my voice nor the other presenter's voice were being picked up by the Audio Input or Output sources I'd created. Huh?

I'm on a Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad P1 Gen 2) running OBS 25.0.8.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Thank you in advance!