Question / Help Audio in Windows Media Player

New to the forum, new to the software. I have managed to poke my way around it and figured out pretty much everything on my own. What I am looking to do is record screencasts (not interested in streaming them at the moment) with audio being piped in from my audio interface. I've got all that down, works like a charm.

What I havent been able to figure out however, is why my finished exported video's audio track does not play when using Windows Media Player. I can hear it if I watch the video using my DivX player. I can hear it using my iPhone. But not Windows Media Player. I am using Windows 7 SP1.

It sounds like a codec issue to me, but I am usually leery of installing codec packs because I am never sure if I trust the source and what exactly is in them. I am really just wondering if this is a known issue or if I am missing something. I appreciate any and all replies. Thanks!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Yes WMP by default has no AAC codec and it often has problems playing back mp4/flv files.
In general we recommend to use VLC Media Player if you dont want to install any codec packs. If you want to try out a codec pack, the K-Lite Codec Pack and the CCCodec Pack should both be fine and include the necessary codecs.