Audio Help

Rememberthecreed

Hello Everyone, new to the Forum.
So, I'm basically using OBS to record myself and a few friends over Google Hangouts playing DND games, (Recording mic on myself and desktop audio for my players) I recently got myself a new mic and have put filters on OBS that make my recorded audio sound great. However, my issue is that I would like to hear what I am saying while I am recording. As it is now, I can hear myself speaking (Not clearly bc of my headphones), but I would like to hear myself in my headphones so that I can adjust my volume while playing. But the two work-arounds that I have come across have yielded the same problem. When I use both monitor but mute output, and monitor and output in OBS, my mic output is being recorded on the Desktop Audio bar instead of just my mic. So I went to my sound settings and turned on "listen to this device" for my mic, and still the same thing. Is there a way to get it so that I can hear what I am saying in my microphone without my desktop audio picking it up? I mean I think I know the answer, since my desktop audio is recording the audio going to my speakers, and both functions turn on the audio for my speakers to hear, but maybe someone has a work around that I can use. Thank you for any helpful advice.

Rememberthecreed

It may help to know my setup. I am using a USB mic plugged into my laptop, and a set of Amazon Basic speakers plugged into the laptop audio via the 3.5mm jack, (to which my headphones are plugged into). I do have Voicemeter Banana downloaded as well as VB cables. I was thinking of using Voice Meter to mess with my audio before putting it in Google Hangouts, but no sound came out of the other end (I might not have done it right), so I just decided to let my players hear the raw audio from the mic and use OSB to record the sessions.