Bug Report Audio drops

NotJeff

I've had two separate audio issues, both result in no audio going to my stream and/or recordings. The first issue I think I solved, but the second I have yet to solve and it appears randomly.

Issue #1:

Audio either doesn't work at all when OBS starts, or cuts out mid-stream. When audio is coming thru no audio appears thru the mixer. A temporary fix seems to be going to the properties of the source and save settings without making changes. Or toggle the device to something else, then back the the original and save.

I think I may have solved it by turning off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" on each audio device as this issue hasn't appeared in a few streams, but I can't be sure. For all I know an update solved this one.

Issue #2

Audio doesn't work (the mic, game audio works) when OBS starts or when I start a stream or recording. If it works from the start it seems to hold. I have had it cut-out mid-stream when using my StreamDeck sound board. When audio comes thru it DOES appear in the mixer though.... Which makes it impossible to notice unless someone tells me.

I have been able to consistently reproduce this one. If I start a recording, say something, then stop it, and then do that 10 times in a row sometimes 3/10, 5/10, or 7/10 will have no audio from my mic. It's very random.

Notes about my setup:

I have my mic setup as a source. I disable the global mic. This allows me to keep the mic muted on certain scenes. I'm using a Behringer XR18. I don't think it's a driver issue though because this happens when I use the Windows Driver or the ASIO plugin (obs-asio). This also does not happen in XSplit.

I have checked the logs and there are no errors. Nothing stands out for recordings with or without the audio (it's identical). It just randomly has audio or doesn't have audio.

Oddly enough my other input device, which serves game sound, does seem to work. On the XR18 game audio is Line In 3/4 while my mic is Line In 1/2.

NotJeff

OK, so I ended up figuring out the second issue. It seems like Windows Media Player doesn't always choose the first track to play. When I load the recorded video into Audacity and play the first track it works fine.