Question / Help Audio Distortion Problems with iConnect Audio4+

sup909

Hello all,

I am having some audio distortion problems while utilizing an iConnect Audio4+. The distortion problems appear to be isolated to using the Audio4+ with OBS. While streaming, broadcasting or recording a live stream I get intermittent audio distortion bursts. This audio distortion also shows up in other software such as when I record simultaneously in Garageband.

The Audio4+ is a class compliant audio device so there are no drivers. Having posted on the iConnect support forums they believe it is a audio clock issue. Here is a link to that forum with a video example of the distortion: http://www.iconnectivity.com/forum#...n-issues-when-recording-video-audio-and-audio

Anyone here have any info on if OBS outputs an audio clock? Any more details on how it handles audio? I would love to get this problem finally tracked down.

Narcogen

What sample rate do you have set for the iConnect in Midi Setup, and what rate is set in the Audio pane of OBS?

sup909

The interface is set to 44.1 khz, 24-bit. I did try 16-bit as well and did not see any difference.

OBS is set to whatever the default for twitch streaming is. 160 kbps (I think) for Twitch audio bitrate.

Narcogen

Not the bitrate, the sample rate. Basically I want to know if both OBS *and* the audio device(s) you are recording are set to 44.1khz, because you can have problems if they are set differently.

The audio sampling rate for OBS is at the top of the audio pane. For each audio device you need to check the sample rate in the Audio Midi Setup application, in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.