Question / Help Audio Delay

ZachRockz

So, I streamed for the first time last night and I've run into a couple problems, the main one being audio delay. I'm using OBS with Mac, streaming Advanced Warfare on XBOX One using an Elgato, so I have to capture my screen for the video. I use a microphone for myself to talk and I have Skype audio coming in. I set the audio for my mic to 1500ms delay as most people say to do and didn't adjust Skype. My audio is a little late compared to my Skype audio, (ex. My friend asks me a question, I'll answer, and they'll respond to what I said, but the stream hears the question, I answered late, and their voice comes in over mine). But everyone's audio, mine and Skype, it is 2-4 seconds before the video where it actually happened. I set the delays to match it but it would get 2-4 seconds off again. How could I fix this? Also, my audio occasionally doesn't come through. Suggestions on us?

Thanks! :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Any possibility if you could tell me whether the device's delay itself is getting larger or not? You're capturing the elgato via a window right? If the elgato itself is getting more delayed then I'm not sure there's much you can do about it, because it's more just that the device itself is gaining more delay. I don't think we have any control over the device because the device is actually being run in a separate program.

asrule

@ZachRockz I inconsistent audio sync issues for four months with the elgato. If your Mac is newer and has usb 3.0, I'd suggest ditching the elgato and go with an Avermedia extremecap. Fixed my inconsistent sync issues immediately. It's the only 3.0 card that will work right for you.