Question / Help Audio delay during Live Stream using AverMedia LGP & OBS MAC

cultofbolts

I'm currently using a AverMedia Live Gamer Portable, it's accompanying RECentral software and OBS to stream games off of my WiiU. Unfortunately some viewers have told me that there is a possible audio delay while I'm playing. I'm using OBS on an iMac. I am also using RECentral - Live Gamer Poratble window as my window capture in my OBS software and am streaming that instead of using Game Capture because I don't know how to get that to work with the RECentral software and the WiiU. I would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can offer me.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
First, I recommend using Display capture instead of Window capture, as Window capture's performance tends to be really poor.

As for the audio delay, can you post a link to a VOD of the issue? USB 2.0 capture cards often have delay issues but it's hard to understand the nature of the issue you're reporting based on your description. A log would also be nice.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The audio on those videos is pretty low...are you sure you're recording audio from the LGP? Can you turn it up? I sounds kinda muddy, like audio might be coming from the TV into your mic.

cultofbolts

So I tested it out and it seems like you were right, the sound from the game if coming through the mic and that's my audio source for the game. What I'm not sure about is how to get RECentral to work with OBS and allow for the sound source be the game itself.