Audio and Video Via USB Port

jwalker12

Ok, I have beem at this for hours, adjusting every setting on Windows and OBS. Is it even possible to capture audi9 and video through one USB connection? If not with OBS, with any software?

Thanks in advance

Lawrence_SoCal

Can you have a single USB connection and capture audio and video - of course. But that isn't your real question is it?
you really asking how, right?

You are going to hate this.... it depends

USB is not definitive enough to answer. Which version of USB, how much bandwidth available? is chipset capable of actually supporting the USB spec (many consumer systems will barely/not really). Which bitrate video are you dealing with? etc beware cheap motherboard chipsets and cheap capture cards with crap drivers/software/support

My go-to recommendation - get audio and video inputs working at Operating System (OS level) first (OBS Studio NOT started/running.. at all). I prefer to keep it simple. therefore I use native OS tools (when possible) to view video and listen to audio to.

koala

OBS supports video capture devices such as USB webcams, HDMI capture devices and many cameras also support live video like a USB webcam. Use the "Video capture device" source. Usually it's plugging in the USB device, wait for Windows finish installing drivers, start OBS, add video capture device, select device from the device list.