Are there any risks (more overload potential, quality loss, write issues) associated with recording to the same SSD that your game / sources are on?

WarMom

I'm in the middle of reorganising my drives, two SSDs and a HDD. The smaller 1TB SSD is used for my operating system, programs and games. The larger 2TB SSD used to just be for games installs, and the HDD for long term / infrequent use file storage, and storing recordings after being saved to the SSD. I now have much faster internet than I used to and don't need to hoard game installs any more. I can just about fit games I flit between all on my system SSD. Using the second SSD for more installs would be nice, however.

I remember hearing some time ago that it's ideal to record to a drive other than the one your game is running on. This was a while ago, on a pretty old obs video, and didn't elaborate further IIRC.

Is it actually ideal to record to a drive that your sources or games are not located on? If so, I can potentially repurpose the 2TB SSD into a dedicated record-n-render drive with plenty headroom for larger projects, but it would be nice to have some more large games installed rather than just get them when I need them and shuffle older ones off. Or is that info outdated and there's no real benefit?