Question / Help Are any these things implemented yet?

Wolfbane

I am fully aware that OBS MP is still getting worked on. And all features you want is not implemented, but Im just asking if I maybe any of the followings things have been implemented and I just missed where to find it or how to do it.

TEXT - Scrolling text ?

TEXT - Transparent Text ? I did not seem to get any of the "filters" for text to work to make them transparent.

IMAGE - Image Slide Show ?

AUDIO - Noice gate plugin ?

Capture window only - Not display/capture if any other windows pops up over the one I only want to capture/display ?

Scene Switcher plugin ?

Im running version 0.10.1 -And I did "check for updates" and nothing happened.
But on forum I saw "Latest build 0.11.1" info So my question is if the Version checker is not working or if its only checks for "stable versions ?

Another "bugg" I found was, when renaming a Source Im not allowed to add 20 spaced before a name.
But Im allowed to do so the 1st time I create it.

Last edited:

Gol D. Ace

TEXT - Scrolling text ?
Right click your Text Source > Filters > Click the + > Scroll Filter

TEXT - Transparent Text ? I did not seem to get any of the "filters" for text to work to make them transparent.
Text Sources do have some issues with that. https://obsproject.com/mantis/view.php?id=170

IMAGE - Image Slide Show ?
Nope not yet

AUDIO - Noice gate plugin ?
Yes. Click the gearwheel in the mixer > Filters > Click the + > Noise Gate

Capture window only - Not display/capture if any other windows pops up over the one I only want to capture/display ?
Yes but you have to have Aero enabled for that (just like in the old OBS).

Scene Switcher plugin ?
Nope not yet

Im running version 0.10.1 -And I did "check for updates" and nothing happened.
But on forum I saw "Latest build 0.11.1" info So my question is if the Version checker is not working or if its only checks for "stable versions ?
Older OBS MP versions where using QTNetwork which needs OpenSSL installed (the makers of OBS can't ship it with OBS) to get it working. Newer OBS MP versions use cURL which does not need seperate OpenSSL for functioning.

Wolfbane

Thank you verry much for the feedback and the easy instructions.

Cheers.

Yes but you have to have Aero enabled for that (just like in the old OBS).

Hmmm... I have not dissabled Aero in OBS settings. But I cant seem to get it to work. got time to explain how ?

And a few of these things you tell me where to find them, they did not exsist in the version I had, and that explains why I could not find scrolltings text for example. But once again big thx.

Another question if you are still here.
I installed the 0.11.1 version. And it seems like my older version is still on my computer. Went to "Uninstall program" but was no record of the "0.10.1" version. Any clue why ?

I looked under the ltter O, is it installed by some other name then OBS ?

Last edited:

Wolfbane

How do you open the older version?

Is your windows style transparent? If not then try this: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/30281-how-to-rapidly-enable-or-disable-aero-under-windows-7

Under Windows 8 and higher it's always active.

Windows 7x64
Running "windows basic".

Old version ?
Yesterday I was running OBS MP 0.10.1 or whatever it was.
That was installed on my D: harddrive.

Last night after these threads I installed 0.11.1 and. this time I installed it on my C: (my SSD)
So I have 2 versions of OBS, one on C: and one on D:

I can not open my 0.10 version any more. But I know that the files are installed on my computer and would like to remove them without manually pressing "Delete folder button"

Gol D. Ace

Yeah you need to change the theme to one of the Aero Themes (for example Windows 7) to get that working.

I don't think there will be another way than manually pressing delete.
There is a file named uninstall.exe in the obs-studio folder (where the bin, data and obs-plugins folders are) but that file would most likely uninstall the latest installed version instead of the old one.