API & File naming

video2go

Hi,
I have searched but had no luck with finding a solution or answer. Is there a way to specify name of recording file name over API (websocket)?

It is not so important for the file name of recording, but I would like to define the name of Replay Buffer. Is there a way I could send a filename over websocket?

I would like to use OBS and its replaybuffer to make clips of the game and I would send the name and current game time to OBS so I would have a list of all clips (for highlights, social media posts, ...).

I am sorry if someone has already posted this, but I could not find it.

bcoyle

I do this in my app. After recording starts, I use the the websocket - obs new command - GetRecordingStatus to get the filename that it is recording to. A few seconds after you stop recording, I use a command (Note: is is a microsoft API command. (My.Computer.FileSystem.RenameFile(Program_Globals.OBS_Recording_Recording_File_Name, fname) to change the name. I am waiting for some sort of direct obs command in the future to set the name before using it.

bcoyle

Later I found out a easier way. There is a command in websoctey-obs api that allows you to set the file format and thus the name:
SetFilenameFormatting