• settings 2.PNG
    settings 2.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 21
  • settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 22

qhobbes

1. Run OBS as Admin
2. Change your output mode from Simple to Advanced. Set the profile on High and the preset on Quality.

were491

B-Frames are one of three types of frames that can be encoded into your video (the other two being I-Frames and P-Frames). The B in B-Frame stands for "Bidirectional" as this type of frame will look both forwards and backwards in the video (chronologically) in order to achieve as much compression as possible.

Basically, they're the best quality type of frame (highest quality/bitrate ratio), but they are also much slower to process. I recommend you leave it at the default, which is 2, since nearly every video streaming and video sharing service uses that value.

were491

If your default is 3, I think you can leave it at that too. You can use however many you like as long as it looks nice and doesn't destroy your computer, hence "leave it at default", or 2 (in my case, at least).

qhobbes

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

qhobbes

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS. Follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues.
3. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.

were491

Personally I think ~0.5% of frames (rendering+encoding+networking) being dropped is pretty decent, but as qhobbes said you could still reduce your GPU usage if you want to reach closer to 0% dropped frames.

If you wish to do so, you can try his suggestions (i think that vsync is on in roblox by default) as well as some of my own: 1. you can disable the preview. this prevents OBS from rendering the scene in the preview which can save a minimal amount of GPU (but I have seen some improvement. At this stage, where you're 99% of the way to no dropped frames, every bit of resources counts.) 2. You can run your laptop/game at the same resolution as your stream. you can do this by searching for either "Intel Graphics Control panel" or "Intel graphics command center" (depending on which driver you have), and then going to the "display" tab, then setting the resolution to 1280x720.

Jkingstan

Ok the Preview one I already do it (I only enable it to see how the stream looks like)
However the next part is werid
You see I play roblox as windowed mode (1280x720) whilst my monitor is 1600x900 ( I have OBS.live so its windowed so I can see chat)
So idk what to do there.

qhobbes

23:07:36.889: Loaded scenes:
23:07:36.889: - scene 'Scene':
23:07:36.889: - source: 'Browser' (browser_source)
23:07:36.889: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)
Try streaming with a Scene that just has your game window and nothing else. So remove your Browser source. See if that makes a difference.

qhobbes

If you have not done so already set the Quick Sync Profile to High and the Target Usage to Quality.
The latest log only shows 0.1% rendering lag so you are very close.

Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.
See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005552/graphics.html for enabling Vsync.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues. (ignore the Game Mode part in that)

That video is private.