Bug Report An audio issue and random application closing

MrLuvvaLuvva

I'm very new to OBS, i'm using OBS Multiplatform on windows 8.1. It's awesome but I'm having a couple of issues.

1. Tuesday night I was streaming and an issue popped up with my audio, it only happen twice and it wasn't for very long but it was like a heart beat sound, it gets louder then disappears (often without my intervention. I will supply a link to illustrate the problem as I know this is a terrible description.

Link: http://www.twitch.tv/mr_luvva_luvva/b/642344079?t=3h20m44s

2. When I have a five minute break I leave my stream playing music for the viewers! However on three occasions this morning when I returned OBS MP had closed. I had to open it again and restart stream. It never occurred when I was playing my game (ps4 through cap card) only when I left for a minute.

Ideas on how to avoid these issues in future?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
1. If you encounter those audio issues again, upload us that log file please.
2. Without a crashlog or log, its hard to say. While the current version seems very stable so far, we unfortunately are still in an early state with it to some extent. With a growing user base we will probably encounter more problems that might need fixing.

MrLuvvaLuvva

Jack0r I understand that it's an early build, and it is an awesome program already btw, I love using it - very intuitive to use and easy to set up!

But the random closing error occured today again - I have a log but it doesn't seem to have logged the problem, I will embed both the log when the problem occurred and the one of when I reopened, Hopefully it gives you some insight?

Attachments

• log with bug.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 30
  • log directly after bug.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 28

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm there are only minor things in the log unfortunately:
22:01:51: DShow: Audio device 'Microphone (Blue Snowball)': not found (If its an usb device it might have changed address)
22:01:52: DShow: HDevice::ConnectFilters: RenderStream failed (0x80070057): (maybe a webcam or capture card?)
22:01:52: DShow: HDevice::ConnectFilters: RenderStream failed (0x80070057):
And it ends on a succesfull connect to twitch
22:09:03: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-lhr.twitch.tv/app successful

Does the crashing always happen when you go afk? or always while playing music? Maybe some energy saving option thats set to turn off the monitor after 5minutes?

MrLuvvaLuvva

Yeah it always closes when Im away; I always mute my mic and turn my cam's visibility off! Although today I've found if I don't mute my mic or turn off the visibility of can it doesn't crash - it's a good work around, I can check my power save function though, pretty sure it's set to never - will check

Would an afk screen also negate the shut down do you think?

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Oh wait a second, you are not on 0.9.1 yet right? the logs show 0.9.0 which had a bug eating up ram if you hide a source :D If you dont mind, try upgrading to 0.9.1!