Question / Help AMD VCE - High Bitrate Problems even with 3500 MaxBitrate!

Fearce

Hello
since i got my brand new ati r9 nano ima try to setup my obs with AMD VCE due to the crystal clear stream possibility. My Problem is not the Quality. Quality is sick (watch this: http://www.twitch.tv/fearcegaming/v/37596756). My problem is that my bitrate is not limited to 3.500. And here comes the weirdest part: When livestreaming with AMD VCE the bitrate of the video goes up to 20.000. Quality is crystal clear but you step into an endless buffing stream. PLUS my maxupload from the internet is only 5.000!!!! How can this be? How can i have up to 20.000 bitrate in my livestream with just sending 3.500 to twitch. Even though twitch cant handle more then 4.000 incoming bitrate. I really dont get it and need urgent help. I attached a screenshot of the settings i use in obs. You will realise that i limited the bitrate to 3500. But this does not work!
OuOcYtc.png

Thank you

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
The VCE implementation in OBS-MP does not have proper CBR support and is not suitable for streaming.

Fearce

Wait. But why can my bitrate on the livestream be 20.000 when my internet is capped at 5.000 uploadspeed? and are there plans in the future that obs and vce can handle cbr?

DEDRICK

You have a MAX QP of 35, anything below 48 will cause you to blow over 3500Kbps in a second.

VCE is also bad for streaming even when it works properly, great for recording though