AMD Encoder Options & Intel AV1

Quite-by

TLDR how to have both Radeon 5 6/700G GPU support and Intel AV1 support.

I've noticed the AMD Encoder options disappearing in the latest versions of OBS have been coming out. Whilst Intel AV1 encoding options have started appearing... are these two things related? I need to use the old AMD encoder for the Ryzen 5600G and Ryzen 5700G drivers which I use for capturing Intel and Nvidia tests. Is there any way of HAVING BOTH the intel AV1 and AMD Radeon encoders, or do I have to ditch the newer versions of OBS so I can access the old Radeon encoders. I am talking about the Radeon APU encoders not the CPU encoder which is garbage.

Attachments

• intelandAMD.jpg
    intelandAMD.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 204

FranckB

I make the same remark, the variation of the encoders (hardware) according to the versions of OBS (normal because the teams implement the technologies as the development progresses)
On the other hand, the names of the encoders change according to the AMD hardware and also according to the versions of OBS...

In the latest version of OBS 28xx, AMD encoders are still there... beware in advanced/ffmpeg mode, AMD HEVC hardware encoders are available only for unsupported encoders (for my case)

If you don't have the AMD hardware encoders, you may need to update the AMD drivers (but I imagine you already have)
Especially since the AV1 format is not yet supported by all players or platforms (but it's great to have it! It's the format for the very near future)
20221108_122457_ima002.png

Attachments

• 20221108_122457_ima002.png
    20221108_122457_ima002.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 83

Quite-by

I make the same remark, the variation of the encoders (hardware) according to the versions of OBS (normal because the teams implement the technologies as the development progresses)
On the other hand, the names of the encoders change according to the AMD hardware and also according to the versions of OBS...

In the latest version of OBS 28xx, AMD encoders are still there... beware in advanced/ffmpeg mode, AMD HEVC hardware encoders are available only for unsupported encoders (for my case)

If you don't have the AMD hardware encoders, you may need to update the AMD drivers (but I imagine you already have)
Especially since the AV1 format is not yet supported by all players or platforms (but it's great to have it! It's the format for the very near future)
View attachment 88525
I uninstalled back to 27.2.4 and then reinstalled 28.1.2 and the HEVC AMD encoding option has suddenly reappeared. The H264 option is still absent, strange as it is the one that doesn't have the same licensing issues as H265 / HEVC. It is fine for now, but very alarming the way options appear and disappear seemingly randomly.