Advise on hardware setup

xboxstream1409

I'm using OBS for daily Twitch streaming games from my Original XBox via an HDMI capture device.

The problem is my setup does not send a visual signal until i manually disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cables to the HDMI splitter (to TV and PC). then it settles on a resolution and gets a visual signal on TV and OBS (via HDMI capture device)

I was thinking I could get rid of the HDMI Splitter by routing HDMI capture through PC out as a second monitor to the TV, can OBS do this? My concern is USB HDMI capture device may add delay to the game visual.

I've drawn it out, see picture, I'm open to other suggestions and advice.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6

FerretBomb

I'd recommend just getting a better splitter. Inexpensive ones only cost around $20, and should NOT require unplugging/replugging your cables each time. It sounds like the one you're using is defective.

Capture delay WILL cause latency if you are outputting the captured video to your TV via the GPU; it takes time to buffer and intake the video, move it into system RAM, process it for display, then show it. Not recommended.

xboxstream1409

Thanks I just found the feature for "Fullscreen Projection to 2nd monitor" which I set to TV and yes there was noticeable quality&speed drop. *(i7 Quad core i2700k, gtx560ti)

Thanks for confirming a better HDMI splitter. I will do this option.