Advice: Mute Mic Monitor but NOT Output?

grnmtacs

I need some help. This is my config:
  • Version = OBS 27.1.3
  • Audio Input Capture = Scarlet Solo
  • Global Audio Devices = Disabled
  • Advanced Monitoring Audio = Default
  • Advanced Audio Properties = Monitor and Output

I need to mute the monitoring of all songs, effect sounds, and my mic (to reduce in-ear echo).
I want to monitor my main conference audio source.
I want all audio to sources to output to my livestream.
I don't want to hear them while live mixing A/V in OBS
I have installed the Audio Monitor plugin (not sure I'm using it correctly.)

Any advice on how to accomplish this would be great. I'm sure it's super easy but it's evading me.
Thanks!

Since you already use Audio Monitor plugins, disable the Advance Monitoring Audio and set Advanced Audio Properties to Output only.
Then add the Audio Monitor plugins only to your audio (conference) source.
Not sure what you not wanting to hear while live mixing A/V in OBS.

grnmtacs

Thanks for the help! I think you are suggesting to turn off all standard monitoring in OBS and only use a plugin to control all audio. With that said, I am having trouble following your advice as this is what I am seeing:

Advanced Monitoring Device (found in master Settings tab under 'Audio' tab) options are:
  1. Default
  2. Built-In Output
  3. A list of other hardware audio devices I have attached
  4. **There is NO "Disable" option**
Advanced Audio Properties (found in the Audio Mixer window and clicking the cog) options are:
  1. Monitor Off
  2. Monitor Only (mute output)
  3. Monitor and Output
  4. **There is NO "Output Only" option**

I want to monitor (see & hear) my lavs and wireless handheld mics for all presenters' dialog. I want to silence all other audio effects, music, transitions, etc, however, I want to see them with the vertical visual decibel scale for monitoring. I don't need to hear them in my ear while mixing my presenters' audio mics. If I can visually see them as an output I can trust it going live without having to listen to the nonsense in-ear.

I hope this helps clear up my need. I feel like I am really close to a solution.

grnmtacs

*Images for reference

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.13.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.13.29 PM.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.14.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 5.14.18 PM.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 122
Advanced Audio Properties : Monitor Off.
Then install and add the plugins Audio Monitor to audio sources that you want to monitor.

grnmtacs

That is what I was assuming you were implying; take out all vanilla OSB config and work inside the Audio Monitor plugin only. An "Output Only" option in standard OBS config would be a great feature request. Or just integrate Audio Monitor plugin permanently. Thank you for all the help!