Advanced Scene Switcher causing crash?

Skidaddle

Hi all!

I recently installed the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin for OBS WebRTC and it works like a charm! I have advertisements running on my stream at set times, which makes something like the Advanced Scene Switcher really, REALLY handy.
My only problem is that during my last stream, right at the second when a transition was scheduled, my whole system shut down? (This happened at exactly 13:00 , but everything ran smooth up until then).

What could be the cause of this?

log file: Log file snippet

Warmuptill

Hi all!

I recently installed the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin for OBS WebRTC and it works like a charm! I have advertisements running on my stream at set times, which makes something like the Advanced Scene Switcher really, REALLY handy.
My only problem is that during my last stream, right at the second when a transition was scheduled, my whole system shut down? (This happened at exactly 13:00 , but everything ran smooth up until then).

What could be the cause of this?

log file: Log file snippet
Sorry if this is obvious, but just to clarify:
With "my whole system shut down" you mean that your PC shut down or are you referring to a crash of the OBS application?

In case of the latter please also share the corresponding OBS crash log.

In case you really mean the former, I am not sure how the scene switcher would cause your PC to shut down, unless you have configured it execute some other applications or scripts, which in turn shut down your computer via the "Run" action on the Macro tab.

Skidaddle

Hi!
I literally mean my pc died. Black screen etc. Initially I thought it was something else, but I don't understand why it would switch off at exactly the same time as the scheduled transition?
I haven't touched any other settings on the scene switcher (yet), so it can't be any other macros?

Warmuptill

Thanks for the clarification!
That is super strange, but it looks like you are not the only one.
Do you still have the OBS crash logs from these cases so I can compare to the other report I got?
Did you only observe this issue a single time?
Which version of OBS are you using?

I *attempted* to resolve the crash, which hopefully resolves Windows crashing as well (?), with this build:
I would appreciate if you could give this a try.
To be able to download it you will have to be logged into GitHub - if that should be an issue for you let me know.

Last edited: