Question / Help Adv. Scene Switcher stops working if OBS isn't main window.

andreschin

Hello,
First of all, I'm sorry for my bad english. I'm a Brazilian.

I have OBS running smoothly on a Macbook, advanced scene switcher works fine. As long as OBS is the main window. If I change to Safari or any other application the automatic scene switcher stops working and get back to SCENE 01 and stays there as long as I'm viewing another window. When i get back sometimes it starts again and sometimes I have to stop it and start again.
Is there a way to keep it running even when I'm not "watching"?

I also realize that even when I'm not using Adv. Scene Switch. everytime I change from obs to safari, it goes back to SCENE 1.
Ex: If I have 3 scenes. I start the live-streaming with Scene 1, change for scene 3 and live it there. If I go see something on safari , when I get back to OBS it's on Scene 1.

Heelllpp!

I'm loving the software.
Best Regards!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 00.38.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 00.38.51.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 00.40.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 00.40.30.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 54

Narcogen

Are you sure you don't have a rule in the automatic scene switcher built in to OBS? Because they should not both be used at the same time.

Are you sure you don't have a rule in the switcher dependent on executable or window title?

andreschin

Hi Narcogen.
Thanks for the reply.

I've never used the built in automatic switcher. So I checked It. It's on and I can't turn it of. I click in STOP and nothing happens. Even the close window doesn't work. I have to close the auto switcher window by clicking on the X in the left upper corner. Any Ideas ?
I've made a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o2u578s80fesg1/OBS Automatic.mp4?dl=0

Best Regards

EDIT: SOLVED!!
I removed the application, reinstalled it. Without the ADVANCED AUTOMATIC SWTICHER, I've stoped the built in switcher then installed the ADV. AUT. SWITCHER. Now it works fine! Thanks!

Last edited: