Add a Second Audio Out, like the Monitor, but for the Main Audio instead

AaronD

To support external hardware destinations, like an overflow room or an external streaming box, or to feed a virtual device like a remote meeting - basically any time that OBS is feeding some other streaming device but the workflow is otherwise the same - add an audio output that follows the "Output" path of this selection:
1670868728972.png

In other words, we already have an audio output for the "Monitor". Just copy that for the "Output", so that OBS now has two audio outs: one for each destination of the above selection.

Presently, some of us are abusing the Monitor out to make our rigs work, effectively making it our Main out, which means that we lose its intended function. This addition would give us that function back, and the (usually sensible) default of "Monitor Off" would no longer bite us either.

Last edited:

AaronD

I just discovered another OBS-Ideas forum (why are there multiple?), which had these in it:
So I voted for them too. One is the second-highest-voted behind a plugin manager, and at least one of the developers wants the other one. I think most people will be satisfied with the dev's favorite, even if they voted for the other one.