Active Window Detection feature

Slanto

I do not know if this is already a thing, or if it's even an existing plugin, but ever since I stopped using Fraps, I wanted to adjust OBS into becoming my standard screen recording tool.
To those of you who do not know what Fraps is, (...Seriously, you know OBS, but don't know Fraps? O_o; ) it is a screen recording tool that records your active window. It displays (if enabled) the FPS of the content of said active window, to let you know it can capture it. Now, Fraps sadly is not able to pick up any window. It has some sort of coding that it only picks up certain executables, such as some media players and/or some games.

So the suggestion for OBS to have if it's not already there and I simply don't know it, is to add another source option that would automatically capture the window that is active. Meaning if I ALT+Tab from a game to a text file, then the text file is picked up by OBS instead.

I figured I'd be a few steps ahead to just suggest it if it doesn't exist yet, and to those who do know it's a thing, can kindly refer me to the source. <3

P.S. : I do hope when you do provide feedback, let it be constructive and open-minded. What may not work for you, may work for others and vice versa. Let's keep it civil, without arguing over how someone may use it or not. OBS is a great tool and can be used in many incredible ways.