Question / Help A way to turn Encoder off for Preview, like OBS?

fsx_dan

Hey! I am using a capture card and using an extended monitor with my Prepar3D Flight sim on my main monitor. I have a second PC with a Live Gamer Extreme capture card on it.

I am trying to run P3D on extended monitor with OBS multiplatform as the original OBS made me very laggy. However on the old OBS on the encoding menu settings, I could turn the encoder off in preview mode. Is there a way to do this in multiplatform, I like how the lags are less with Multiplatform, FPS drops that is...but not sure how to work the encoder on this newer version.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The encoder is not active unless you start a recording or streaming as far as I know. Only the preview is being rendered, which you can disable.

fsx_dan

hmmm, why is the preview screen a bit laggy, fps stutters it looks like, while my main monitor is very smoothe. but with normal OBS, complete opposite. smoothe stream but horrible monitor lag.

fsx_dan

I think its because I had video options set to downsize to 720p and 30fps. I set to 1080 and 60fps and that improved it a bit, still micro stutters but nothing too bad.

Also my Live Gamer Extreme creates a 2-3 second lag, not sure if thats OBS or the card...

fsx_dan

Sorry to sound a noob but where are the log files for OBS. I am coming from xsplit so its a bit different. Thanks!

fsx_dan

I mainly notice the issues when I set my SGSSAA to 8x and AA to 8x multisample. If I leave it like that, it gets laggy. Not sure if its too intensive for a 980Ti?

If I lower it to 4x its much better, but more boxy texture. If I turn the super grid sampling off and just do 8x multisample, its much much better, however extremely boxy and LCD screens in cockpit of Prepar3D show to be terribly ugly.

So if AA is turned up, no encoding on OBS, and OBS preview looks FINE....why is my main monitor chopping up? Its running at 144hz compared to capture screen 60hz (extended) but cant see why that would make a difference

fsx_dan

man, 10-15 min in always get the lags. or if there is heavy texture. Again i have 8x set for supersample and multisample, not sure why my fps in game decreases. I do have my game in windowed fullscreen (only way to have Prepar3D run properly)....hoping theres a fix

fsx_dan

Also this is my nvidia inspector for the game. I seem to have fixed my stutters in the game with these new settings (previously it was just enhance AA, not override, no tearing options or user defined 8x)...

Now that the game is fine, i get stutters in preview mode on OBS. Could it be that its the sparse grid supersampling causing the issues?

This seems to be a direct issue with Sparse Grid Supersampling.

If I go to just multisampling (which has a lot of lines)...its fine. But if I got SGSS on, it lags it on both ends (mostly on OBS)

Last edited: