Question / Help 4 Audio Tracks?

ShadyShroomz

Is there a limit of only 4 audio tracks? I'd like to have something like:

1. Mic
2. VOIP (skype, discord, ts)
3. Music
4. Desktop Audio
5. Everything (for stream)

The only problem is, I need one track to have all of them for the stream. Is it possible to have more than 4, or is this a limit with something else? My CPU is the i7 5820k, and it only uses like 50% when streaming at 1080p60fps on 6,000 bitrate, playing a game, and also recording local files with no bit rate limit (the last video I recorded averaged 19.599mbps). Only problem would be if mp4 can't do it for some reason or something. I can post my settings if you need them. Thanks for the help!

Edit: sorry I should mention I already have all the audio coming from different lines using virtual audio cable. I can get everything working if I'm not streaming, but I need one more line for when I'm streaming because I need a line that has everything enabled.

Last edited:

ShadyShroomz

I've tried searching and it doesn't seem to be a limitation of mp4 or h264 or anything like that as far as I can tell...

Ruhai Hu

Have you tried going into the "Mixer" and setting them all to the stream channel? For example Track 1 for stream. Then grouping your other audio sources as needed?

ShadyShroomz

Have you tried going into the "Mixer" and setting them all to the stream channel? For example Track 1 for stream. Then grouping your other audio sources as needed?
that is what I do but only 4 audio channels, I'd like more is what I'm saying...

It's a limitation of the current configuration code.
So does this mean it would be added eventually by the obs guys or would someone else have to do something?