32bit multitrack audio capture? (possibly with 96kHz or ++)

mici

Hi,

I am trying to capture a high quality audio sources (+video) on Win10 and distribute those to a multi audio-tracks recording (+video), via OBS. It kind of works, but I am getting the first audio track as a 32bit (48kHz) captured audio and, unfortunately, the other two audio tracks as (only) 16bit.
I also tried to record one audio source to two audio tracks simultaneously (for a test), but the second track is always captured as 16bit, and not 32bit.

My question is, how could I capture ALL the recorded tracks as 32bit (or at least 24bit) audio (and not only the first track)?

Or even better: How could I capture all the tracks as 96kHz / 32bit (or even 192kHz) audio (and not only 48kHz)?

If not yet implemented:
Dear OBS team, I would greatly appreciate if you would let us capture and record simultaneously multiple audio tracks in 96kHz / 32bit (or also 192kHz). If that is not a huge technical challenge for you, please enable it as soon as possible (win & mac)!

Many thanks!

Reactions: TDJ

mici

As additional information, attached is a screenshot of media information (via VLC) for the captured video+audio+mic. This time tested on a Mac.

The #1 audio track (captured as a 32bit audio) is also routed (during capturing) to the #4 audio track with the hope that #4 track will be exactly the same (i.e. 32bit) as #1 audio track. But, as you can see, #4 audio track is actually recorded as a 16bit audio, and not 32bit audio.

Any ideas, suggestions, help?

How could we have ALL those 4 audio tracks captured and recorded as 32bit audio??

Attachments

• captured audio tracks (VLC media info).jpg
    captured audio tracks (VLC media info).jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 109

mici

Is this the right sub-forum to post this question / request for help? Or is there any other way to try reaching out to relevant people about this topic?