3 different ways how to fix the black screen on OBS

User243432

1. To fix it on windows 1909 try to do this: Open your settings in windows, then go to display, click on the bar that says "display" afterwards scroll all the way down until you see Graphics Settings and choose "Browse" and find your OBS. (you will find it in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe) and then after you located your OBS click on "Options" and then choose "Power Saving". Now, restart your OBS and it should work.

2. If that step did NOT work try this if you have windows 7 with a Nvidia Graphics card. Look at your taskbar, do you see the little arrow pointing up on the right side of your taskbar, click it and you will see something saying "Nvidia Settings" right click on that icon and then from there choose "Nvidia Control Panel" if it is not there, go to the search bar in the taskbar and type in "Nvidia Control Panel". Once you have the app opened, go to "Manage 3D settings" and then go to "Program Settings" and then there you are going to see something saying "Select a Program to Customize" right underneath that you'll see a little arrow pointing downwards, after you located that, click it and find OBS from the drop-down menu. Once you have selected it look underneath that and you'll see "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" and there select "High-performance Nvidia processor" If its not already selected. Once you have done that select "Apply" on the bottom-right corner. Restart your OBS and it should work.

3. If you did all of the steps mentioned above and it still doesn't work, try to DOWNGRADE your OBS to 24.0.3 (This step worked for me BTW) go to the search bar and type in "Control Panel" hit Enter on your keyboard and it should open, once it is open click "Programs" and the select "Uninstall or Change a Program", then find OBS and right-click it and select "Uninstall/Change" then let it uninstall. Once you have done that go to C:\Program Files\obs-studio and then delete the obs-studio folder, then go to this link to download OBS-Studio-24.0.3-Full-Installer-x64.exe (don't worry I scanned it lol) and then once its set up repeat method 1 and it should work.

If it STILL doesn't work then... I'm not what sure what to do lol