2PC, Mixer set up & ALL audio thru Mixer but can't hear local media files on stream or headset

yvonna

Straight to it because I didn't sleep last night trying to fix this before stream today ... and now I am likely to fall asleep after posting:

Game Rig audio? Check
Streaming PC Audio including alerts? Check
Mic/cloudlifter/preamp/soundblaster heard? Check
Local media files? Seen not heard (Regardless of Audio Monitoring selection which I've tried on several media several times)
HOWEVER, I can see the audio levels in the OBS Audio Mixer relaying the levels... I just can't hear it and it doesn't go to stream

My specs: 2PC, Mixer set up + other equipment & peripherals
Game Rig Specs: win 10/win10 home 2004/GTX 1080/ 32GB Ram
Stream PC: win 10/win10 home/ GTX 970/16GB
Elgato 4K
View HD HDMI 3x1 switch (priceless for switching between 2consoles & PC in same stream without needing to leave chair)

I have not yet checked to see if Stream Deck works because I want to handle this direct issue with local files before introducing another variable, but feel fairly certain, when this is solved, everything will be poyfect.

Thank you in advance! I am just coming back to OBS and dear god I missed you! Let's get this little issue hammered out! thanks again.

Yvonna

Attachments

• OBS logfile9.22.20 074j1duQ7H1cLzAg.txt
    128.1 KB · Views: 5

carlmmii

Are you listening to your mixer directly or via your stream computer?

I don't know enough about your specific use case, but here's the general setup I use for 2pc + mixer setup
- Headphones plugged in directly to mixer
- All console/game pc/mic runs through the mixer
- Stream computer outputs desktop audio to the mixer
- The mixer is the only audio source, unless a specific scene needs specific things (such as a "Starting Stream" with just desktop audio)
- Discord gets its own separate aux line input from the mixer for the mic channels only, but outputs back to desktop audio

If you have your headphones connected to your stream PC instead of your mixer, then you have a much more involved and confusing time ahead of you, since you have to control anything that is stream-pc-only separately.