Question / Help 24/7 Youtube Stream in OBS

m2nj2qgv@pd_sec

Need advice on 24/7 Youtube Stream issue with running OBS 24/7

I currently run a 24/7 live Youtube Stream I just started and planning to improve it. I currently localhost it on a machine which in few days moving to a cloud source. My current device is a mac device that I installed windows 10 and run obs through there since I found it easier to show song titles easier in windows.

The stream runs with no issue for days the issue occurs usually around the 3+ day mark where the audio seems very sluggish and you hear static. Again the other days it plays no issues, and the only way I seen to fix is to close OBS and reopen and immediately starting stream again doing it fast enough due to the delay I added the stream can seem to remain active not noticing the stop.

I have a 1gb circuit to my home network and check it daily so it runs fine hence the dropped frames stay at 0.0% percentile and also I keep the stats up for OBS and received 0% frame drops and less than 1% of rendering lag with the CPU staying well under 40% load in obs it will sit at 25%+ or minus 5%.
I am streaming an mp4 file at 24fps, and several audio sources with 6000kps.

Stats:
Output 1920x 1080
Dropped Frames: 0 (0.0%)
CPU: 26.3
FPS: 23.98 (24fps)
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate kb/s 6758 (6000)
Disk Space Avail: 433.4 GB
Skipped Frames from encoding lag: 0.0%
Frames missed due to rendering lag: 0.3%

*Note I tried to include a screenshot which I took remote into my server device and forum says "the uploaded file is too large." The screenshot was in .png format and not sure why it would be too large so I can include whatever information you need.

Last edited:
Need advice on 24/7 Youtube Stream issue with running OBS 24/7

I currently run a 24/7 live Youtube Stream I just started and planning to improve it. I currently localhost it on a machine which in few days moving to a cloud source. My current device is a mac device that I installed windows 10 and run obs through there since I found it easier to show song titles easier in windows.

The stream runs with no issue for days the issue occurs usually around the 3+ day mark where the audio seems very sluggish and you hear static. Again the other days it plays no issues, and the only way I seen to fix is to close OBS and reopen and immediately starting stream again doing it fast enough due to the delay I added the stream can seem to remain active not noticing the stop.

I have a 1gb circuit to my home network and check it daily so it runs fine hence the dropped frames stay at 0.0% percentile and also I keep the stats up for OBS and received 0% frame drops and less than 1% of rendering lag with the CPU staying well under 40% load in obs it will sit at 25%+ or minus 5%.
I am streaming an mp4 file at 24fps, and several audio sources with 6000kps.

Stats:
Output 1920x 1080
Dropped Frames: 0 (0.0%)
CPU: 26.3
FPS: 23.98 (24fps)
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate kb/s 6758 (6000)
Disk Space Avail: 433.4 GB
Skipped Frames from encoding lag: 0.0%
Frames missed due to rendering lag: 0.3%

*Note I tried to include a screenshot which I took remote into my server device and forum says "the uploaded file is too large." The screenshot was in .png format and not sure why it would be too large so I can include whatever information you need.
Hey! I am also running a 24/7 stream to YouTube from a Mac and have been unable to add song titles. I'm curious about how running it through windows fixed this for you?
I am after something automated where I can continue to add tracks to the mix.
The tracks are by emerging producers so they aren't available on Spotify.
Thanks!

m2nj2qgv@pd_sec

I currently use a Mac Mini for 24/7 stream and fixed the issue. I however loaded windows 10 on and use obs and use snip for showing song names. I had issues in mac showing names and I tried several programs. That allows it show the name of current songs even if I continuously add songs to the song list. I use vlc player as my music player.