Question / Help 2 PC streaming setup help. Slight lag on output pc. Network is 100% fine.

Fishstickles

G'day guys,

I have my dual PC streaming setup almost perfect. The one thing that I cannot nail down is a smooth 60FPS on the streaming side. It is only a slight issue but it does bother me. I spent a load on setting all of this up and just want a buttery output. Appreciate any and all tips. I believe this can be sorted by changing a few obs or slobs settings. :)

Vid explaining with demo. https://youtu.be/J9fTm64q8ls

Gaming rig:
1080ti
16gb 3200MHz ram
blah blah

Streaming rig:
2700x
gt710
8gb 2400mhz ram
blah blah

Fishstickles

I'll get on those logs right away.

I'm using display capture at the moment but I've tried game capture as well, same issue. I'm sending it over OBS through NDI. While the NDI is up the ethernet bandwidth hovers around 185Mb/s whilst in game. I'll grab the logs now.

carlmmii

OBS -> SLOBS? That's... difficult... and I'm not as familiar with SLOBS logs, not to mention not really the right place for support (they have a very active discord support, which I would check out).

But. Are you certain that's the full slobs log? It ends right as the final frame count is output, with no breakdown of where frames were lost -- that's the important bit that's needed. If it's rendering lag, then that's an issue with your GT710 being underpowered for what you're asking it to do. If it's encoding lag, then you need to lower your cpu preset. Just a hunch, but I'm going to bank on the GT710 struggling here, but if there's more to the logs you can verify. Also, check your performance monitor and check out GPU usage during recording -- if you see 100% usage, that means it's being capped out, and can't keep up with rendering demand.

Your gaming rig looks like it's not having any issue, so the OBS+NDIsend side is 100% good to go.

Fishstickles

OBS -> SLOBS? That's... difficult... and I'm not as familiar with SLOBS logs, not to mention not really the right place for support (they have a very active discord support, which I would check out).

But. Are you certain that's the full slobs log? It ends right as the final frame count is output, with no breakdown of where frames were lost -- that's the important bit that's needed. If it's rendering lag, then that's an issue with your GT710 being underpowered for what you're asking it to do. If it's encoding lag, then you need to lower your cpu preset. Just a hunch, but I'm going to bank on the GT710 struggling here, but if there's more to the logs you can verify. Also, check your performance monitor and check out GPU usage during recording -- if you see 100% usage, that means it's being capped out, and can't keep up with rendering demand.

Your gaming rig looks like it's not having any issue, so the OBS+NDIsend side is 100% good to go.

Just tried with OBS.

Please check this one. :)

https://obsproject.com/logs/dpeR6OSifgRGycKO

Fishstickles

Here's another VID with the resource monitor up.

https://youtu.be/_pnOLeVNHKk

mrkunya

I fixed my problem, maybe it will be works for you.
On the gaming PC im just sending the "game capture" through the NDI not the whole "display capture"
and the lag finally GONE. Maybe when you send the whole display capture it sends tons of data.
I dont know. But try this out.

Fishstickles

I fixed my problem, maybe it will be works for you.
On the gaming PC im just sending the "game capture" through the NDI not the whole "display capture"
and the lag finally GONE. Maybe when you send the whole display capture it sends tons of data.
I dont know. But try this out.
Thanks for the reply mate. I have tried different things many times. I can't figure it out. OBS on my streaming PC is just slightly laggy. Not very much but just a bit. Enough that my viewers notice it and tell me mid stream.

Narcogen

From the log:

Certain Windows 10 Gaming features are turned on and interfere with OBS by putting additional load on your CPU and GPU. Please disable Game bar, Game DVR and Game DVR Background Recording via Windows Settings app.

Your encoder is slightly overloaded. I'm guessing you just can't quite manage medium. Try fast?

21:54:40.303: [x264 encoder: 'recording_h264'] preset: medium
21:55:35.652: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2/3316 (0.1%)

Fishstickles

From the log:

Certain Windows 10 Gaming features are turned on and interfere with OBS by putting additional load on your CPU and GPU. Please disable Game bar, Game DVR and Game DVR Background Recording via Windows Settings app.

Your encoder is slightly overloaded. I'm guessing you just can't quite manage medium. Try fast?

21:54:40.303: [x264 encoder: 'recording_h264'] preset: medium
21:55:35.652: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2/3316 (0.1%)
I've done that on both pc's now. Secondly, this is on my streaming pc where only OBS is open. It's a freshly built pc with a 2700x and 1060 6gb. It is literally only for streaming.

Fishstickles

I changed to Newteks Scan converter. All problems gone. Seems to have been an OBS to OBS issue. It is now Scan converter to OBS if anyone is experiencing similar issues.

bert_21ph

i experience the same issue when streaming on second PC. i notice when i start install the new ndi plugins and new obs.

bert_21ph

NDI have some issue on OBS. i already try to uninstall and delete folders, re-install again both OBS and NDI Plugins. Try also to copy and paste the NDI files on OBS folder but still Lag was there even not streaming. i use streamlabs obs on streaming pc but same issue. Newtek NDI Tools works when creating on video capture but little bit laggy but its better than NDI Source.

NVENC same issue laggy. im using X264.

Any Help on OBS???

Narcogen

Please provide a log. On reasonable hardware and proper configuration, NDI works extremely well.

No idea what you mean by "copy and paste the NDI files on OBS folder"-- NDI has proper and functioning installers for both the required runtime and the OBS plugin. If OBS with NDI plugin installed causes lag without streaming or recording, there is either something wrong, or just having OBS running and outputting NDI is overloading your GPU.