2 GPU's 1 PC for using NVENC. Help.

amaan

So, I have two GPU's, one GT1030 and one GT710. The GT1030, as you may know, doesn't support NVENC whereas the GT710 does. My motherboard has two PCIe slots so I decided to plug both of them in. So what I ideally wanted was to run games using the GT1030 and use the GT710 for the Encoder. I have one monitor so when I use the GT1030 to display I am using the GT1030 to play games but then NVENC doesn't work, so if I switch and use the GT710 to display then NVENC works but the games run on the GT710. I have searched a lot but have not been able to find anyone that has done anything similar to this. Need help I just want to make this work.

FerretBomb

You cannot. OBS needs to be running on the GPU with NVENC support to be able to use it. Running multiple GPUs also causes significant issues due to PCIe lane-splitting and bus overload, and is NEVER recommended.

I would recommend checking eBay or your local Craigslist for a used 1050; it will be an upgrade, and remove the problem. Generally they can be had for very cheap.