1920 x 1080 Video Not Filling Entire Available Screen in Windows 10

matthewagilbert

I am a new user having trouble creating properly sized videos using Windows 10. I set the resolution to 1920x1080, but the output never fills the entire available space (see attached pic). Why does it do this and how can I fix it?

Attachments

• OBS Output.JPG
    OBS Output.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 42

Tomasz Góral

Send logs file.
Of course you fill source to screen?
Note, this has nothing to do with the Windows resolution, the OBS base resolution, the source resolution is important and whether you have set it properly.

matthewagilbert

Hi Tomasz. Thanks for your reply. By filling the source to the screen do you mean to physically drag the red field of view outline outward so there is no black space above, below, left, or right of the video feed? I experimented with that, but doing so zooms the image in rather than proportionally adjusting the size. I assume I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for your help! Log file for my last video is attached.

Attachments

• 2021-04-13 02-44-18.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 20

Tomasz Góral

click CTRL+F or click on source right mouse select Transform -> Fit to Screen, to fill source to screen (if you have the correct aspect ratio of the source, the source will fit the screen).

FerretBomb

Hi Tomasz. Thanks for your reply. By filling the source to the screen do you mean to physically drag the red field of view outline outward so there is no black space above, below, left, or right of the video feed? I experimented with that, but doing so zooms the image in rather than proportionally adjusting the size. I assume I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for your help! Log file for my last video is attached.
By default OBS maintains the source's aspect ratio on all resizes, unless you hold a certain modifier key while performing the resize.
A fit-to-screen as Tomasz described should work fine, but so should moving your source into the top-left of the canvas, then grabbing the bottom-right resize handle and sizing the source to fill the canvas. It will maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio no matter how large or small you make it; you will be unable to make it narrower or taller without changing the other dimension to match the original aspect ratio.