Question / Help 15fps when streaming to YouTube

Gehab

Hello, so I'm having a really weird issue with OBS currently.

I'm trying to stream at 30fps to YouTube atm. On my OBS Studio it looks fine, no frame drops or packet losses. But on YouTube it's running at 15fps instead. No idea why YouTube is halving my frame rate but I've checked every setting in my OBS and I cannot find a good solution.

One solution I HAVE found is setting the frame rate to 60fps (which actually works and streams at 60) but it's just extra buffer for the viewers if I stream games that are at 30fps. The only other solution that works is setting the YouTube "Stream Options" to "Normal Latency" which adds a whole lot of extra latency to the stream and makes it difficult to properly chat with viewers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix?

I'm on Windows 10.

EDIT: Uploaded a log file from a stream which suffered from this issue.

Attachments

• 2018-04-03 21-21-58.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Sores

I have same issue. Can't find a solution. I use restream.io and i dont have any problems with streaming on twitch in 30 FPS, but YouTube halves my frame rate.

Boildown

EDIT: Uploaded a log file from a stream which suffered from this issue.
I don't see any attempt to actually stream in that log file.

How are you guys determining that YouTube is restreaming it at 15fps instead of 30?

Gehab

I don't see any attempt to actually stream in that log file.

How are you guys determining that YouTube is restreaming it at 15fps instead of 30?
Just looking at it. It's extremely choppy and absolutely not 30fps. Chat can see it too.