Question / Help 100% CPU Usage Immediately When Opening OBS

abney317

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/1vzyMeXbvLdzqjwz
Windows 10

I've got a blank scene with exclusively my capture card on it (Same problem with both GV-USB2 and xcapture-1). When I open OBS my CPU usage immediately jumps to 100%. If I disable the capture card or close OBS then it drops back down. I'm not recording or streaming, just opening OBS.

Oddly, I've found that if I open OBS, then go to Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Restore default settings for this plan, my CPU usage will drop down immediately. I can replicate this process every time I open OBS (without ever actually changing my power settings... all I do it click restore default settings even though I never changed them to begin with).

abney317

This issue persists with even a different laptop now. Using the xcapture-1, if it is visible at all in OBS (showing in the scene or looking at the preview in the properties window) then my CPU usage instantly flies up to 100% (should be around 15% or less) and my temperatures go up to 99c+
Only way to make the CPU usage drop back is by hiding the capture device in OBS or restoring my power plan as stated in the first post.

abney317

Resolved by only having 1 capture device driver installed at once. Seems like the GV-USB2 and xcapture-1 have some problems when both of their drivers are installed at the same time. Confirmed that this problem does not happen with either device as long as the other one's drivers are not installed.