Question / Help 0.10.0 Crashing on launch every time

So I updated to this "new" version and all I get is a crash every launch.

Attachments

• 2015-05-13 08-45-15.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2015-05-13 08-46-53.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2015-05-13 08-47-17.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2015-05-13 08-47-31.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2015-05-13 08-49-09.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 30
So I uninstalled everything for OBS Multiplatform and then deep searched and deleted all OBS files. Then reinstalled OBS and it started up. Once I tried to use a capture device it crashed yet again.

Attachments

• 2015-05-13 11-31-42.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2015-05-13 11-35-11.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 28
Are you guys using capture cards like me? Seems like as soon as I try to use my capture card with this version of OBS multiplatform is when it crashes.

Capture Card -> Hauppauge HD PVR 2 GE

Ray G

Okay, not sure what the problem is. I have found using a certain dll file from .9.1 fixes the problem. On my system at least. As for continue use of the file, I would not recommend it. The one thing I noticed is that it removes a little bit of the coding. Partially to do with vertical flip that Jim has added. Locate and find from the 0.9.1 version which you should still have located in your downloads or where ever you placed it and move the win-dshow.dll to your install directory. The file is located in your plugins folder under obs-plugin. This has only been tested on 32 bit version, but I assume it would work on 64 bit as you would have to transfer over both versions. Do not copy all the files as most other plugins may have changes not compatible with version 10.

Again, this is a temp solution to the problem. Not a permanent fix. The possible problem has already been addressed in a previous post and should be fixed on the next release. So keep an eye out for the update.

DemiGoth

Are you guys using capture cards like me? Seems like as soon as I try to use my capture card with this version of OBS multiplatform is when it crashes.

Capture Card -> Hauppauge HD PVR 2 GE
I think the problem indeed is related to the Haupauge device. The moment I saw your message, I tried my Elgate HD device and streamed a bit of PS3 feed and that worked without any problems whatsoever.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
There's a bug I introduced with the hauppauge devices in 0.10.0. Sorry about that. I'll try to see if I can fix it ASAP.

spookydooks

I'm also getting this issue with the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. Was working fine on the previous version but keeps crashing on this newer one.

UltronX

I updated to OBS MP 0.10.1 and I am having the same issue. I do not use a capture card, just my video card. It doesn't matter what video output format I use.

Attachments

• 2015-05-18 20-53-10.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 31

Faruton

Developer
Looking at your log:

Couldn't open 'M:\Fraps', Error number -13 occurred

You need to specify a file there, not a directory