Question / Help Can't get WoW to work in game capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladlus

Hi! I can not for the life of me get WoW to work in game capture. I've tried everything, 64- and 32-bit versions of both the game and OBS, stable and latest test build, WoW in fullscreen mode, WoW in windowed mode, running things as administrator etc. Nothing seems to work - the stream just stays black no matter what I do. I tried game capture with Bloodline Champions and that worked just fine (albeit only with the game set to windowed mode? I thought you had to have the game in fullscreen for game capture?).
WoW works ok with software capture -> window capture for a while, but then OBS suddenly starts to disconnect repeatedly and freezes up.

Would appreciate some help if possible.

Thanks!
-Ben

dehixem

Do you have multiple GPU's ?
OBS needs to run w/ the same GPU as the game you want to capture for Gamecapture to work.

sk3ezer

My OBS detects WoW fine on game capture although it was tricky at first. Try Running 64 bit OBS as Administrator and setting WoW to 32 bit. Those settings work for me, if they don't for you, when I get home I can try helping you troubleshoot.

bladlus

sk3ezer said:
My OBS detects WoW fine on game capture although it was tricky at first. Try Running 64 bit OBS as Administrator and setting WoW to 32 bit. Those settings work for me, if they don't for you, when I get home I can try helping you troubleshoot.

Just to double check, I tried that again, and still nothing.
That'd be great, thanks a bunch!

Krazy

Town drunk
You may just need to use Window Capture and play borderless window mode. Not really sure why WoW has randomly stopped working recently, but the issues apparently started cropping up with the last PTR cycle.

Krazy

Town drunk
No, you are most definitely not the only person having issues with WoW and Game Capture. Like I said, it's been a problem since the last PTR went up. Makes me think something changed with WoW, but can't be 100% sure.

Shacks

I was having a problem too and I was just toying around and I seem to have it working now. I am running both OBS and WoW as Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.