Very poor quality gaming at 4k, downsampling to 1080p for Twitch at 7500 bitrate

Tonyturbo78

Hi guys. Looking for a little advice here.

I have a dual PC setup. Main gaming PC, 4090 using a LGC2 4k OLED as main screen.

2nd PC for recording and streaming is using 3090 on a 1440p144 screen and is capturing 4k120hz via passthrough to the new Elgato 4k X. I have OBS Canvas set to 3840x2160 then use 1920x1080p as my output scaled resolution in the OBS video section, with recording set to 60. All the usual things going on in the streaming tab, bitrate 7500Kbps, Nvenc H264, Keyframe 2s, P7 preset, High Quality, 2 Pass Full resolution, High profile etc...when I look at the preview in OBS it looks ok (for 1080p cough haha) but the stream quality is absolute rubbish. So much pixelation, distortion when moving fast and the image just generally looks so bad around any text or UI elements from the game screen. Any idea why this would be or what I'd need to change to get a much nicer image? I look at other 1080p streams on Twitch a lot, and they just look far nicer in comparison so I'm clearly doing something wrong. Is it because I'm taking the 4k base canvas and scaling it down to 1080 for the stream? would it be better to set canvas and output both to 1080? Are these streams looking better because they gaming on a 1080p screen possibly with no scaling required? Many many things running around my head here.

Just looking for some input here. thx in advance.

Tonyturbo78

any help??

I also should have added, its not down to my internet connection not good enough to handle the bitrate as I'm on 1GB up/down

qhobbes

Where are you getting 7500 kbps from?
If 1080p 60 FPS doesn't look good at 6000 kbps, then change it to 30 FPS.
If still having issues, then