User Interface

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Just so you know this thread is not a waste, we're currently rewriting the application (at https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio for reference) and when we get around to the UI we're going to go back through everything in this sub-forum and I'll be taking a look at things on this thread especially, so just know that I'll be taking a look at it all in the future.

I do agree that I like simple generally, though there was an idea that would be best of both worlds that was suggested by humblebrony originally, the idea of having a "simple" and easy-to-use interface mode for general casual streamers, and a more complex feature-rich "studio" mode for more complex streaming needs, basically two UIs (which will be possible). Though I'm not entirely sure how feasible the idea is, I'm going to investigate in the UI toolkits to see how much more work it'll be. Regardless, there are a lot more features that need to be taken into account that not everyone may end up using.

antome

If you do plan on going the route of both simple and rich interface, I think a flat, simple skin would still work well.

Something along the lines of shoebox (View unscaled image).

8956498244_3ffa342aab_o.jpg

Shoebox also uses 9-patch pngs, much like android to create scalable interfaces, which might be a point of investigation.