Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

djrichy5

Exeldro

I have not been able to replicate the not showing transition on my system. I am going to try it on other pc later this week.

zer0mavrick

Transitions don't work for me either. It's just a black area that comes up in between switching. I'm using Windows 10. So it's probably not OS related.

Decors

@Exeldro thx for update.
And a log file is here.

From log file It's working correct I believe.
I can't even find flickering thing from log file too.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2020-05-13 15-51-01.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 40

Super Spark

This is working pretty well so far, but is there a way for me to bundle groups to work with it? Reason being is that I want to preferably have a small bit of text that describes the viewport over the feed it switches to so viewers know what they're looking at since it'll be switching between feeds. I tried doing it with a group that had a media source and text, but there seems to be an error. It shows the text but not the video anymore. Might I suggest maybe even adding a feature in the plugin that allows you to put text aligned to the viewport according to even the source name?

Decors

@Decors Can you check if it makes a difference if you switch the resize checkbox off?

No difference at all.

Current settings

2020-05-13 (1).png

Attachments

• 2020-05-13 17-44-32.txt
    49.4 KB · Views: 37

Super Spark

This is working pretty well so far, but is there a way for me to bundle groups to work with it? Reason being is that I want to preferably have a small bit of text that describes the viewport over the feed it switches to so viewers know what they're looking at since it'll be switching between feeds. I tried doing it with a group that had a media source and text, but there seems to be an error. It shows the text but not the video anymore. Might I suggest maybe even adding a feature in the plugin that allows you to put text aligned to the viewport according to even the source name?
Okay so after restarting OBS, switching between groups seems to work consistently now... Weird. NVM what I said.

zakhf

Newbie on Linux here. I'm trying to build the plugin on Ubuntu but I can't understand step two on your GitHub:
"Check out this repository to plugins/source-switcher". Thanks in advance and thanks for this plugin Exeldro.

I3ordo

Hey! thank you very much for this plugin, it will definitely take out massive clutter from the HOTKEYS section and it s very practical too.
and it can even do more!

Can it have a sound trigger feature in the future? an random source inside the switcher becomes active by a sound coming from a specific source (i can have much better audio synced alertboxes with this without dealing with out-of-obs sources)

Super Spark

Is there a way to lock the Size of the Source Switcher and/or have all its contents adapt to its size?

I'm having an issue where I'm trying to switch between several virtual cams and despite being broadcast at the same size, it is constantly resizing each source upon switching.

skylerskinner

This is fantastic, previously I was using animated masks that I made that would fade in one source but not the others, then it was timed so they would cycle, this is a far better option.
You make a ton of awesome plugins, very impressed by your work.

It seems that my transitions are not working either though, have to cut between sources.Want my log? Not sure where to find it.

Mastercrown

@Exeldro

Hey i love your Scene Switcher, but i got a big problem about the audiosource. Even when i manually switch to the selected scene, while live streaming the sound source is correct and you can hear the audiosource. When i automate switch via sourceswitcher, it monitors the sound source at the bootom correctly, but while streaming no sound will be heard. I think there is a small BUG inside scene Switcher. Hopefully you can help me.

elegault

Is there a way to lock the Size of the Source Switcher and/or have all its contents adapt to its size?

I'm having an issue where I'm trying to switch between several virtual cams and despite being broadcast at the same size, it is constantly resizing each source upon switching.

+1. I have one video media source that I set to fit to screen but upon activation it reverts to its original size. Also, when using Media video sources sometimes the video doesn't resume playback. What exactly does this plugin do with a video? Does it automatically start playback from the beginning upon activation? Does it ignore or read the loop, restart or show nothing settings for each source?

I love the idea of switching sources but I am a serious loss. Here i'm no pro can some one give me set by set instructions on how to put the plug-ins IN and where I can find the source switcher in OBS. Thanks