Source Record

Source Record 0.3.4

sandrix

Version 0.3.3 cannot work stable with the NVENC hardware encoder. The fact is that the video file is not created, after which this leads to an inevitable OBS crash. Version 0.3.2 had the same problem, but I found out that the cause was the activation of b-frames. In 0.3.3, none of the options work, except x264.
1713200131380.png
1713200140732.png

Last edited:

Rakan993

hi
its crashed after using nvidia nvenc H.264 but orginal record from ops works good
but the plugin works only if i choose x264 or softwarex264 and thats use my cpu :( any help?

Attachments

• Crash 2024-04-16 00-25-46.txt
    100.3 KB · Views: 5

Rakan993

hi
its crashed after using nvidia nvenc H.264 but orginal record from ops works good
but the plugin works only if i choose x264 or softwarex264 and thats use my cpu :( any help?
EDIT : as i can see now the nvenc h.264 as i mentioned above it works only on display capture
but wont work on camera (elgato)

AND : if i end task this programe files can work with no issue obs-ffmpeg-mux

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-16 005413.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 005413.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Rakan993

hi

EDIT : as i can see now the nvenc h.264 as i mentioned above it works only on display capture
but wont work on camera (elgato)

AND : if i end task this programe files can work with no issue obs-ffmpeg-mux
Ok i delete source record plugin thin i Uninstall 3.3
then i downloaded older one 0.3.2
all works good as i can see for now

Exeldro

Hi Exeldro, thank you for this update!
Could you add more details on how one can use obs-websocket vendor requests in bitfocus companion for instance?
  • Vendor Name : source-record
  • Request Type : record_start
But it doesn't work.
Please @Exeldro if you have some time, could you help?
Thank you in advance
The vendor request should be like this:
JSON:
{
 "requestType": "CallVendorRequest",
 "requestData": {
    "vendorName": "source-record",
    "requestType": "record_start",
    "requestData": {
      "source": "Video Capture Device",
      "filter": "Source Record",
      "max_seconds": 50,
      "filename": "test5"
    }
  }
}
all things in the second requestData are optional
check the response you get for any error message like,'source not found', 'no source found', 'filter not found', 'failed to find filter' or 'filter is not source record filter'

Tormy

@Exeldro For the moment, I tried 4-5 times and it doesn't crash any longer. thank you.
In case it does again, i will be back with the log.
Thank you for your rapidity

Last edited:

smcserv

@Exeldro

Thank you so much for the 0.3.4 update!

It mostly fixed the "Stopping Recording..." Issue on OBS 30.1.2.

I did notice one other minor issue which may or may not affect others using this plugin.

If I enable the "Different Audio" option within this plugin, and select anything other than "None" for the "Audio Track" with a valid "source" selected as well, then the "Stopping Recording..." issue returns. This happens regardless of which "Encoder" I selected for the plugin.

I've only tested this scenario under an OBS installed from OBS's Repo package. I'll test this out under a Flatpak install and report back here as soon as I can get to it.

SS

Correct me if I am wrong. If I select an audio track (track 3 for example) and choose a source (SRT for example), I should only pickup audio track 3 played from my SRT sourece.

I ran a test and it is recording every sources with audio playing under track 3

1713340690708.png

Rakan993

@Exeldro
Hi again
ok now i have some problem or there is somthing wrong i did

first how i use to record, now am using obs (orginal record) to record game + my cam )
and i only add filter to (cam) as source record, to get a file with cam only
so i have 2 files now 1- game + cam + mic + overlay) with no problem dealy
second file cam only without any sound option (delay with cam)
the problem is the cam file there is delay or forward a bit not sync with my mic like the original record

take a look to attached pic plz

why am using sourcs record only on cam? cuz i really dont want that i only need source record for my webcam so how can i fix that

ik the solution to put mic with source record as a track to my webcam but i need to sync it manually and auto sync in adobe not working for some reason

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 212732.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 212732.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 7

shoganai

Is there any way to (or plans to) allow Source Record to use a different audio format, specifically a lossless format like FLAC or PCM?

For lossless audio, the current system seems to require doing 2 recordings, one for Source Record and another from OBS, then remuxing the audio from the OBS recording to the video from Source Record. This is pretty annoying because the recordings aren't exactly matched up, so the audio has to be shifted first.

Even an option to just use the local recording audio format as opposed to the stream format would be great.

lcalder

Exeldro: The latest version of Source Record still doesn't fix OBS v30.1.x hanging when one tries to stop recording (MacOS ARM). The latest plugin works fine if I downgrade to OBS 30.0.2.

To test, just enable source record on one or more sources/scenes. Start recording. Try to stop recording. It will say "Stopping recording..." forever until force quit.