Pipewire reconfigure screen capture sources

Pikkia

Hi all, I'm having a problem with my obs setup, I am new to obs on Linux and every time I open the app it asks me to re select the correct sources for screen cast and window cast.
Is it possible to save the sources like in a Windows setup? So that every time it loads a window with a specific name is, and if the window is not there it waits for it until it exists?
I think this is a issue with how Pipewire works, it forces obs to get permission every time, and if the window is closed and reopen I have to reload the source.
I'm using arch with gnome desktop Wayland and obs 30.0.

hgfhgfhngfhfghf

I have no idea what pipewire is. I had been using OBS on my Ubuntu 16.04 computer for quite some time and never had this screen share problem. No i get a new computer and i have this same problem. And i can't even close the windows they pop up on opening. I have to click something called "portal" and tell it to quit. The old OBS just remembered all the windows i had set and there was no portal or pipewire involved. Now it doesn't work at all.

Pikkia

I'm gonna guess that you now have this same problem because in Ubuntu 16.04 you were using Xorg and now you're using Wayland which is the new standard in Ubuntu that uses Pipewire with xdg-desktop-portal for the screen share. Said that I don't want to go back to Xorg just for this reason.

escargot

I'm having the same problem. While window capture via PipeWire seems to be working fine, having to configure the sources on every launch is annoying.

Additionally, it seems like hotkeys configured in OBS only work when OBS is in focus, which means I can't easily show/hide specific sources without first switching to OBS.

Arch / KDE Plasma 6 / Wayland / OBS 30.0