OBS WON’T LAUNCH - Laptop too old???

obspadawan

OBS family,

When I first downloaded OBS, the ONLY issue I had, was my audio would play back with crackles.

Couldn’t figure out why, so I stepped away for MONTHS to come back to it not even opening up at all. Only the task shows up in Task Manager.

Besides completely restore my laptop to factory settings and redownload/install OBS, I have tried everything possible including:

RESTART - Classic Troubleshoot
Update all drivers - Internal & GeForce GPU
Uninstall & reinstall - even deleted %appdata% folder
Download on two other computers (one older and newer 2022-23) - didn’t launch there either
NVIDIA Experience - Tried regular and optimized settings
NVIDIA & Windows Control panel - tried power saving and high performance settings plus switch between Internal & GeForce graphics card

Not one of these troubleshooting tactics worked for me, so my ASSUMPTION at this point, is that my set up is just too old now to run OBS or Streamlabs (unsuccessful Streamlabs Troubleshooting also).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

As far as hardware I’m on:
Laptop PC
Windows 11 2H22 update
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl100nx
HP 827F Motherboard
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Intel UHD Graphics 620
NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
512GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Links for more PC details:

obspadawan

OBS family,

When I first downloaded OBS, the ONLY issue I had, was my audio would play back with crackles.

Couldn’t figure out why, so I stepped away for MONTHS to come back to it not even opening up at all. Only the task shows up in Task Manager.

Besides completely restore my laptop to factory settings and redownload/install OBS, I have tried everything possible including:

RESTART - Classic Troubleshoot
Update all drivers - Internal & GeForce GPU
Uninstall & reinstall - even deleted %appdata% folder
Download on two other computers (one older and newer 2022-23) - didn’t launch there either
NVIDIA Experience - Tried regular and optimized settings
NVIDIA & Windows Control panel - tried power saving and high performance settings plus switch between Internal & GeForce graphics card

Not one of these troubleshooting tactics worked for me, so my ASSUMPTION at this point, is that my set up is just too old now to run OBS or Streamlabs (unsuccessful Streamlabs Troubleshooting also).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

As far as hardware I’m on:
Laptop PC
Windows 11 2H22 update
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl100nx
HP 827F Motherboard
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Intel UHD Graphics 620
NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
512GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Links for more PC details:

As a side note:
I’ve also completed the firewall troubleshoot and OBS was already free to roam on public AND private networks

obspadawan

Finished some more digging:

The iGPU in fact DOES have the Quick Sync - however - you were right about the MX150 GPU not having the NVENC encoder

Very surprising since the iGPU, RAM amount, and processor seem to be just enough to climb over the fence, but cannot...

Interesting - still going to keep looking as I'm trying to avoid building a new PC just to finally be able to use OBS with a Thunderbolt 3 minimum aka hard to make cheap and compatible (I use an audio interface with TB3 & need OBS to record what I do using it)

1706153094216.png

1706153673447.png

obspadawan

MIND BLOWN!!!

I hope whoever has and will ever follow this thread - the clean boot trick WORKED

Not sure what program was causing the issue and don't care to find it as the ones I need aren't an issue XD

If you are STILL having an issue at this point, I suggest turning each program you NEED on one by one in the Task Manager Startup tab, and I'm sure you will find your culprit!!!

Too happy! Been on a research binge AM to PM for like two weeks after 6months+ break from RESEARCH LOL