obs-shaderfilter

obs-shaderfilter 2.3.2

Issa DV

Hi Exeldro, recently in the new version 2.2.0, found a strange bug related to the Shadow filter from @FiniteSingularity

As shown below, in my example, putting a crop/pad filter (i rename it padding) and putting a shadow filter will break it entirely, applying a black box in the source, and it is very odd because it doesn't seem related to this plugin.

I use your plugin mostly for the rounded corners and they still work, but reverting the update to 2.1.3 instantly solved it, applying correctly the shadow below all previous filters.

I don't really know if this could be related to you or finite, just wanted to let you know, have a nice day!
obs bug.png
1704741544608.png

Hi Exeldro, recently in the new version 2.2.0, found a strange bug related to the Shadow filter from @FiniteSingularity

As shown below, in my example, putting a crop/pad filter (i rename it padding) and putting a shadow filter will break it entirely, applying a black box in the source, and it is very odd because it doesn't seem related to this plugin.

I use your plugin mostly for the rounded corners and they still work, but reverting the update to 2.1.3 instantly solved it, applying correctly the shadow below all previous filters.

I don't really know if this could be related to you or finite, just wanted to let you know, have a nice day!
Hi @Issa DV -

I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue. I'll open an issue over on the project GitHub and work on figuring out what the issue is.

That's good to know, thanks for noticing it and for your awesome work, both of you!
No problem. The bad news is- I made the bug (in an update to the code I sent Exeldro over the weekend). The good news is- I found the issue, and submitted an update to Exeldro that fixes it, so there should be a version without the bug, soon.

Anri

Hi there, I am trying to set some things up and I'm running into two issues:
The first is that in rainbow.shader I can't get Apply To Specific Color to work; I'm using it on an image with flat colouring, but it is doing absolutely nothing (I have tried with Replace Image Color turned on as well)
1704765443310.png

secondly is I think more of a just not understanding something, but is there a way to start a shader's "animation" on demand? I want to use glow.shader as part of a state change, but as it is the filter just continues cycling even when hidden, so I have no idea where in the cycle it will be when I turn it on. This is with both states of Use Shader Time

Any help on either of these would be hugely appreciated!

Anri

Well that's the fastest I've ever seen a concern patched! (although I assume that was already in progress)

Exeldro

@Anri I was working on a release with the other fixes when I saw your issue come in. As it was easy to replicate and I was able to fix it fairly easy I added it to the bug fix release.

Destroy666

2 questions:
1. Am I missing something about the new transition shaders or are they supposed to be fully static? Are they intended to be used with some other plugin?
2. What's Shader Time in settings? It could use some tooltip as it's not googleable either.

Exeldro

@Destroy666 In the OBS scene transitions dock you can click the + icon where there is a new option called "User-defined shader", load for example "page-peel-transition.shader" from the properties of the transition and you should be good to go.

@Want To Learn I see a 5 star rating for the current version (2.2.0) and a 1 star rating for version 2.1.3. Glad you like the update.
Exeldro, Sadly, I either don't know how to fix that one star or their isn't a way to edit it. I plan to revisit it to fix it when I get a chance. Ever since I first started with OBS many years ago I had wondered why working with circles that could go all the way around was not addressed. I tried many things that didn't work. I am not a programmer so I don't know how difficult or easy it is, so I always wondered when it might happen. However, in your last update you DID IT for me and everyone else! It makes me giddy when I play around with it. Even if I just have only a few minutes I will watch it go round and round and round and round (LOL) , just because OBS can do it and you made it happen. I've got to get better with your move plugins to use it fully, but I'm having a blast currently. Can't THANK YOU ENOUGH! We are ALL blessed to have you!

Last edited:
Exeldro, Sadly, I either don't know how to fix that one star or their isn't a way to edit it. I plan to revisit it to fix it when I get a chance. Ever since I first started with OBS many years ago I had wondered why working with circles that could go all the way around was not addressed. I tried many things that didn't work. I am not a programmer so I don't know how difficult or easy it is, so I always wondered when it might happen. However, in your last update you DID IT for me and everyone else! It makes me giddy when I play around with it. Even if I just have only a few minutes I will watch it go round and round and round and round (LOL) , just because OBS can do it and you made it happen. I've got to get better with your move plugins to use it fully, but I'm having a blast currently. Can't THANK YOU ENOUGH! We are ALL blessed to have you!
Update: Now I can't find that review for some reason. I think my best bet is to delete the post, copy my comment and put it in the new review, Not in that order. LOL.....when I find it. The link?

Anri

just in case it was missed, does anyone have thoughts on this?

secondly is I think more of a just not understanding something, but is there a way to start a shader's "animation" on demand? I want to use glow.shader as part of a state change, but as it is the filter just continues cycling even when hidden, so I have no idea where in the cycle it will be when I turn it on. This is with both states of Use Shader Time

Destroy666

@Destroy666 In the OBS scene transitions dock you can click the + icon where there is a new option called "User-defined shader", load for example "page-peel-transition.shader" from the properties of the transition and you should be good to go.
Ah, that makes sense, thanks. I missed it there initially.

What about Shader Time, what's that switch for?

just in case it was missed, does anyone have thoughts on this?
I don't claim to be a programmer or an OBS expert, so their could be an easier way, but I want to help if I can. At this point I don't think you can do what you want to do with this Shader. Maybe when their are updates you can? However, you might want to look into other software that you can start it then stop it where you want. Then copy a second one to go as far as you want. I would look into some .lua scripts like pan. zoom rotate that could take it into a partial circle. Then you'll need to use one of
Exeldro's move filters to accomplish this. Good luck!

Last edited: