OBS redux

mizox

curious about something:

with the original OBS, I was able to use Crossbar thing to pull audio from a Dazzle, but under OBS MP it no longer seems to work. is there a particular reason for this?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Crossbar shouldn't have any known issues. Is the crossbar button simply doing nothing? Could you give me a log of the problem, mizox?

coRpSE

Just a question, it there a way to import the scenes and settings from 0.657 to the 0.12.2?

Edit: I found on page 28 you saying you can't. Will that be something you may be looking into, or is it completely out of the question?

Last edited:

GillyMoMo

Just a question, it there a way to import the scenes and settings from 0.657 to the 0.12.2?

Edit: I found on page 28 you saying you can't. Will that be something you may be looking into, or is it completely out of the question?

It's more than likely out of the question because OBS and OSB-MP are coded very differently.

I'm wondering would it be able to add virtual panning, for a lack of something better to call it, to be added to OBS Studio.

Essentially Add a video capture source at it's full resolution but then be able to have another view in which is derived from that original view but is zoomed in are part of the frame?

Charlie Djinovic

I've noticed a few posts on this forum where people have mentioned alternate codec support. Assuming someone isn't already putting time into this, I'll try to work on it to the point of being able to contribute.

Gol D. Ace

@Charlie Djinovic OBS Studio can use ffmpeg so it can use all the codecs that ffmpeg supports.
The ffmpeg version that gets shipped with obs doesn't support as many codecs as it could but you can easily replace the dll files with another ffmpeg build and it will work.

Gol D. Ace

@ArcaneWater Apple would have to provide a sound capture API first.
They don't currently.

WavTap and Soundflower (and maybe other solutions) are the only solution for this currently and are supported already by OBS Studio.

I built it successfully on Ubuntu 14.04 but whenever I try to run it, it pops up with this error, even though the file exists.

obs: error while loading shared libraries: libobs.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EDIT: Fixed by creating symbolic links for every obs file, annoying but works.

DOUBLE EDIT: After playing around, I love it on Linux, all it needs is scene editing (Moving things around like it's windows counterpart) and streaming upload options (like buffer size and such) then it'll be perfect. The XComposite Plugin works flawlessly, brilliant stuff!

I know that this is an old thread, but I had the same problem and thought that I'd give a complete fix. By default obs installed libraries in /usr/local/lib but my machine wasn't set up to look there. To make it look there I made a file called /etc/ld.so.conf.d/local.conf with the single line:
/usr/local/lib
and then ran:
sudo ldconfig
Hope this helps someone else.

Dan Brookshaw

I discovered OB Studio today after using xsplit and having that be garbage for the longest I switched to OBS original and that has given me what I wanted for the last few months, I don't stream often but the one thing I hated was the gui "gap" and the ease of use that obs original and xsplit had i loved how I could be up and running in minutes with xsplit where as it could take a half hour or more with obs original, OB Studio closes this gap somewhat and I look forward to it making xsplit obsolete . but when I used obs i had to use plugins which sometimes wouldn't install the first try or somehow it was missing a file, basically it could be a pain to use. But after toying and playing with for about an hour today I was able to do stuff easily that was a pain in obs. For instance I added a video animation of my Twitter and used the chromakey key filter and I was able to have the animation play on a loop which was previously a pain to do in obs that I didn't even bother. I did it in OB Studio in seconds.

I did run into a bug with OB Studio this morning I think. I had to uninstall the program restart my computer and reinstall the software. Im hoping this was a one time thing but if I manage to duplicate the issue I will report it. I may have been user error

But I just wanted to say thank you for obs studio I will continue to toy with this and see if I can get the same quality out of this as I could with obs with the same kind of performance. Hopefully I can. ..

I love the gui and studio mode. When I get played im going to donate for your time, is there any specific place or can I just use the donate button on the homepage?
Thanks Jim, please keep up the good work.

Last edited: