obs-ffmpeg-mux.exe - Possibly related to source-record

opticitch

I have an issue with my mkv not being available to me, even if OBS is closed. It started a few recordings after using source-record. Yes, I have been through other threads specific to source-record and those I can find in search for obs-ffmpeg-mux.exe. No solution yet that works for me.

The main video works and saves in MKV, everything seems fine. Sometimes, and it's getting more frequent, the source record files, my main camera and my desktop capture, will be held back as "file in use" by obs-ffmpeg-mux.exe. I don't remux, so I thought a setting might have been changed. Nothing says remux, automatic or otherwise.

- I went through some options in the threads for Source-record and found that I should be using .264 (software), and I have that for my sources now, even though the issue wasn't present on the first uses of the plugin.

- I've seen people report it only happens when OBS crashes, but even if I exit cleanly, the files are still "in use," but after a day the file tends to be suddenly available with no other files. What was ffmpeg doing?

- Even while the file is is locked to that program, I can still watch the video with Windows Media (no control over time, can't skip etc...) or VLC (where I get all options to skip, play etc...), but I have no information like time in windows file explorer. Sometimes when it does complete I still have no time data and it still plays poorly in windows media player. It's been 18 hours waiting for this file.

- It appears there is nothing happening to this file, as the HDD it is on will fall asleep even though the file is still locked. It is locked, but not being accessed.

1715197519417.png

1715197533593.png

1715197557658.png
(note the grey bar. I can't move it in windows media, but I know VLC is more powerful. WMP not having something available means the file likely has some small piece wrong with it.)

1715197660081.png
(Source record setting for the camera)

1715197714677.png

1715197738599.png