No AV1 option with Arc A380

DayGeckoArt

I got an Intel Arc A380 for dedicated AV1 and HEVC recording, because the encoder on my AMD Ryzen 9 7900x is buggy and usually doesn't work. I'm surprised that I have only an option for Quicksync H.264 for recording and streaming. Linus Tech Tips did a video showing the A380 being used for encoding AV1.

Is it just a bug in OBS?

no_av1_arc.png

rockbottom

Really? 2080TI is nerfed, iGPU won't work, AV1 is a non-starter. Yep, It's all good....

Anyway, have you tried moving it to the top PCI-e slot?

DayGeckoArt

Really? 2080TI is nerfed, iGPU won't work, AV1 is a non-starter. Yep, It's all good....

Anyway, have you tried moving it to the top PCI-e slot?

How would the PCIE slot matter? The card works, and can do H.264 encoding, it's just that the AV1 option doesn't appear. I found threads elsewhere describing the same issue so it's not just me. It seems to be a driver bug but people have been reporting it for 4 months with no resolution

rockbottom

Like I said before, you've created your own set of issues that you'll need to troubleshoot on your own.

Top slot, is directly connected to the CPU, all other slots connect to the chipset.

Last edited:

DayGeckoArt

Like I said before, you've created you own set of issues that you'll need to troubleshoot on your own.

Top slot, is directly connected to the CPU, all other slots connect to the chipset.
If you have no information that can help and came only to tell me I have to solve my own issues, why even bother posting?

People are interested in using these cards for encoding, which is about all they're good for. Linus from LTT has a video on the topic even.

rockbottom

Well, it ain't doing nothing for you & you're almost out of options. Do nothing, maybe it will work someday, maybe it won't.

Last edited:

rockbottom

In my limited testing trying to get Quicksync HEVC working, hooking up a monitor only more than likely won't help. At least it didn't in my case. From what I read, if I remove the 3090 from my system & just use the UHD 770, OBS would expose the HEVC encoder. I have no need to test this but do believe that it would work as expected.

koala

Quicksync h.264 and hevc are exposed without monitor connected, however I remember I read something about AV1 not being available without monitor connected to the ARC GPU. Might even be necessary to run OBS on that GPU instead of any other GPU, but that's only guessing from my side, since I cannot test it myself without hardware.

rockbottom

I think it needs to be in the top slot with OBS running on it but I could be wrong. Only Art can do the testing but he seems more inclined to wait for somebody else to do the heavy lifting.

xBRAT

I had the same problem.

HV1 is only displayed when you connect your second or third monitor to the Intel Arc GPU. But when I do that, the entire image/video does not run smoothly on that particular monitor. Feels and looks clunky.

Furthermore, I tried all possible settings for AV1 to encode, but every time OBS told me that the encoder is overloaded.
I gave up on it. I think we have to wait for new drivers from Intel.

DayGeckoArt

Quicksync h.264 and hevc are exposed without monitor connected, however I remember I read something about AV1 not being available without monitor connected to the ARC GPU. Might even be necessary to run OBS on that GPU instead of any other GPU, but that's only guessing from my side, since I cannot test it myself without hardware.
I read this too so I tried plugging in a monitor, to see if at least that monitor could be recorded in AV1, but the monitor didn't even work. The Arc A380 doesn't output a signal, unless I guess it's the only GPU.

I also tried putting it two other computers as the sole GPU and was surprised that Windows kept freezing before I could even install the driver. So I formatted one with a fresh Windows install, and even that one froze before I could install the drivers.

I'm giving up on Arc and returning the A380

BobDuckNWeave

DayGeckoArt

It works! I was able to record at 4K 60fps to AV1

I was surprised though that only 4:2:0 seems to be supported, based on looking at the file info with MediaInfo. No NV12 or 4:4:4 or BRGB. Also the settings are so numerous, there must be ones that control bitrate better than CQP #. I set 35 and was getting from about 20 to 250mbps in PUBG

Lyoone

Aqui baixei a ultima versão 1.2.0.1_dev https://github.com/ma3uk/obs-qsv-onevpl , Está apresentando codificação sobrecarregada para live na twitch, estou usando uma Intel Arc A380

Estou usando um computador dedicado com a A380 + i5 7500 + ezcap 324b

Here I downloaded the latest version 1.2.0.1_dev https://github.com/ma3uk/obs-qsv-onevpl, It's showing overloaded coding for live on twitch, I'm using an Intel Arc A380

I'm using a dedicated computer with the A380 + i5 7500 + ezcap 324b

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022405.png
    Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022405.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022439.png
    Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022439.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022519.png
    Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022519.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Captura de tela 2024-03-29 022548.png