Mac runs out of memory

X-Ployt

I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro in my Mac and it is receiving video from my PC. Because I do not want to reconfigure my monitor to be directly hooked up to my PC, I leave OBS running to leave that connection open. Somewhere within the span of 24 hours, I come back to it and my Mac says it's out of memory.

Prior to using BMI Pro, I only used my Mac as a means to use my mic; I have a Digi 003 rack(sound interface) and connects via firewire, a connection my PC does not have, and I hijack the audio with Audio Hijack Pro via Reason 8 demo(I used "Record" to do this prior to Mavericks, but since I did a clean install I had to update, and now "Record" is integrated with Reason). Either way, because I take a couple steps to get it configured(and short on an extra mouse to leave plugged in), I tend to leave my Mac on alot, so my mic is readily available for use.

The difference now as far as applications go, I use Wavtap and OBS, and Mavericks obviously.

I have 12GB of 800Mhz DDR2 F8-DIMM for memory.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hm, interesting. I wish there was a way to track down what happened. What exactly is the error message? That feels very strange, especially if you have 12GB of memory. There are no known memory leaks with the program currently. It tracks memory usage and reports if there's a memory leak.

X-Ployt

Hm, interesting. I wish there was a way to track down what happened. What exactly is the error message? That feels very strange, especially if you have 12GB of memory. There are no known memory leaks with the program currently. It tracks memory usage and reports if there's a memory leak.

I wouldn't call it an error, but it says "Your Mac has run out of memory", or something along those lines, with the list of running programs to force quit. I'm thinking it has to do with the BMI in conjunction with OBS. I'm going to try having it setup without BMI being opened up to capture, and just have everything else open as I would normally, and see what happens.