Bug Report GTX 770: Failed to initialize

jyw

Hello and thank you again for developing for linux! :-)

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
OBS is up to date

Error - Failed to initialize video: Your graphics adaptor is either too old or does not have the required capabilities for this program

Actually my GTX 770 is 2 months old and not too bad ;-)

Tried to change from NVIDIA binary to X.org driver. Same error.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I need to change that message. Are you using proprietary drivers? It currently does not work with open source drivers, though we hope to fix that in the future.

jyw

As posted above, I tried with both available drivers. Normally I use the proprietary driver.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Very strange. I'm using a 760 and haven't had any issue, though I'm on fedora. Are you 100% sure that they were proprietary drivers?

Regardless, we're going to fix this issue which affects many cards. Or rather I am. This issue is due to a lack of a specific opengl extension usually, one that has caused us many problems, and that we can remove (and will, at this point). So if you can't get it working, hopefully when I fix the issue it will fix it on your end as well.

a264164

I have similar problem above... but I have solved by installing the nvidia driver (ver. 331) instead of ubuntu open driver
(btw version 331 is not the latest)

sudo apt-get install nvidia-331

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thank you for letting me know. The bugtracker issue for this is here, and is due for 0.6.0 (version after next)

Urbanmasque

Hello and thank you again for developing for linux! :-)

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
OBS is up to date

Error - Failed to initialize video: Your graphics adaptor is either too old or does not have the required capabilities for this program

Actually my GTX 770 is 2 months old and not too bad ;-)

Same story here, except using GTX 660.

I have similar problem above... but I have solved by installing the nvidia driver (ver. 331) instead of ubuntu open driver
(btw version 331 is not the latest)

sudo apt-get install nvidia-331

Tried this, and now get an error that reads:
Failed to initialize video: Unspecified error

error: Failed to create OpenGL context.
error: device_create (GL) failed
error: Failed to initialize video: Unspecified error
info: Number of memory leaks: 140

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea, this is probably from the same issue. Again I'm going to be overhauling the shader system to get rid of that extension.

jyw

i5szmp.png