Decklink keyer output broken on 28.0

Sneaker

I am using a Mac Mini M1 with Ultrastudio HD Mini and dual SDI outputs into a broadcast switcher as key and fill inputs.

On 27.2.4 the output was correct as shown below :

20220901_134909.jpg

Just tested with the 28.0 release and the key/fill outputs are both incorrect and contain a lot of green and some pink gradients (unfortunately the pink doesn't show up too well in this photo) :

20220901_134734.jpg

The text is just a gradient from black to white so no colour should be visible on the key or fill output (and the key output should be greyscale only anyway).

I deleted all my preferences and settings files/folders and the output remained the same. I switched back to 27.2.4 and the output was fine again.

The keyer output is set to 'external' and the mode set to RGB in advanced.

I'm unable to test on Windows or a non-M1 Mac to see if it's platform specific.

Lojalfan

Yes I get the same on Windows when using libx264rgb and RGB color space in advanced. I think it's just broken now.

thomascantrell

I am experiencing this as well on a M1 Mini + UltraStudio HD Mini. I tried another program which still successfully does key/fill (ProPresenter), to confirm that it is OBS and not the UltraStudio itself.

Sneaker

It looks like there was a recent commit to the Decklink output which may help this issue although I'm afraid I don't know what the effect of the change is ... https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/commit/6a29cc587658396362b7fd6dc039ad8af361c717

I'll check the next release or see if there is a nightly build available.

There is another issue raised on GitHub which suggests that libx264rgb is currently broken, so if that library is involved then that may be the cause of the issue ... https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/7345

Sneaker

28.0.2 is still broken I'm afraid - the commits for the Decklink plugin did not affect the keyer behaviour, so maybe it's libx264rgb or some other part of the Decklink plugin ?

UniversalLive

Are there any news to this?
I have also experienced this issue in OBS 28 twice, but it only appears after a long time (15 minutes or so).
I have never experienced it in OBS 27.2.4.

Has anyone experienced it in OBS 29???

I'm using a Macbook Pro 14" M1 pro

UniversalLive

28.0.2 is still broken I'm afraid - the commits for the Decklink plugin did not affect the keyer behaviour, so maybe it's libx264rgb or some other part of the Decklink plugin ?
Do you still have this issue? I am running OBS 30.1.2 with BMD Desktop Video Setup 12.9 on MacOS Sonoma.
Currently running on Macbook Pro 16" m1 pro and Ultrastudio HD mini.

Have been going for 30 minutes now and it's working fine.